Name and shame the litterbugs

Pall Catt

it can do but easier than trying to get your arm around and put the empty in the right pocket. if you have hair you get a free wax :whistling:  

doesnt that make your thigh all sticky ?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, clean full gels in right pocket, empty dirty gels in the left pocket. Sometimes take a bar etc on longer rides and they go in the middle pocket.

Gels in top-tube bag, bars in left pocket, phone in middle pocket, all empties in right pocket, keys in saddle bag (along with spares and tools), frame mounted pump on down-tube bidon cage.

And yes, I get given s**t for a bunch of the attachments at basically every single race I do. Especially the top-tube bag. But I put it on while training for a 70.3 and it was so convenient that I've never taken it off.

Gels in top-tube bag, bars in left pocket, phone in middle pocket, all empties in right pocket, keys in saddle bag (along with spares and tools), frame mounted pump on down-tube bidon cage.

And yes, I get given s**t for a bunch of the attachments at basically every single race I do. Especially the top-tube bag. But I put it on while training for a 70.3 and it was so convenient that I've never taken it off.

I have also done plenty of events with a top-tube bag. Very convenient  :thumbup: .

Don't mind the comments, people just like to be "clever". It is your day out, whatever makes it easier for you is good in my books.

cell phone and keys ? where do they go ?

i land up using only 2 pockets for gels and rubbish as the car key and cellphone reside in one of the other pockets.

I don't race with my cell phone on me, I leave it in the car. I don't train with gels. For a race it's just the car key/remote thing in centre pocket. If I am training then I have my phone and house keys in the centre but I generally don't train with stuff that requires throwing away so I don't need to worry.

I have also done plenty of events with a top-tube bag. Very convenient  :thumbup: .

Don't mind the comments, people just like to be "clever". It is your day out, whatever makes it easier for you is good in my books.

If I cared about the comments I would have taken the bag off already  :ph34r:

I drive on the M1 most days from work to home, and yesterday I couldn't spot a single sachet on the route, despite seeing a lot on race day. Surely the wind wasn't to blame, but rather than the organisers cleaned up after everyone - let's hope so.

On lap 1.5 - riding home - I noticed they were handing out drinks in paper cups and not sachets, yet there were plenty (probably thousands) of blue sachets on Douglas Drive. It was actually disgusting to see it, even if someone cleaned it up. The fact that someone else must clean up after another person is just insane, and I get some people referring to the whole job creation crap too.

Try this no litter , no plastic in environment and easy to use. 1 bottle = 4 gels , one pocket and not wrapper .

Disclosure - not mine but a good product deserving a punt ;-) 

GTgelFlasks-600x600.jpg

Edited by Milosh

Keys, small plastic coin bag with some money and cellphone left pocket, gels, bars etc right pocket and middle pocket starts as empty and filled with used gels, wrappers etc. On the plus side I did not see anyone deliberately litter on Sunday but noticed a number emptying their pockets at bins at the end. 

doesnt that make your thigh all sticky ?

you going to shower after the ride anyway...

I once stored dried mango in my bib shorts um my thigh during X-Berg. Coming down into Royal natal from sentinel carpark it poured with rain. next thing I realiised The dried mango was just like fresh mango again -albeit slightly salty. #win

Try this no litter , no plastic in environment and easy to use. 1 bottle = 4 gels , one pocket and not wrapper .

Disclosure - not mine but a good product deserving a punt ;-) 

GTgelFlasks-600x600.jpg

So a few years back I got a sample, for the life of me I can't remember the name, it was a south african brand. It also came in a little bottle like this and TBH it was the worst idea ever. squeezing the little bottle while racing was not easy and I ended up only getting half the gel out and wasting a lot. I did see them on the shelves on bike shops but I was never going to waste my money on that stuff.

I have also seen USN stuff in a toothpaste tube before. Similar concept.

You guys do know that the solution to all of this is.......... honey sachets! (shhhhh its a billion dollar idea)

I tried rice cakes.

first long ride with them was at SBR, they were ok then.

On sunday they just didnt work for me, thank goodness I decided to grab some gels to take as backup.

You guys do know that the solution to all of this is.......... honey sachets! (shhhhh its a billion dollar idea)

Boet, do you even bant? do the whole event on #fatstores so you are #fuelledfordays