Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

It seems you have decided that the only way for them to do good is to give you a new fork?

What if they open it and find a dud damper, replace it and send you the fork with a new damper (or air spring etc) will you be happy?

What if they find the fork really is mechanically perfect, that it rides like designed, and that your settings really was wrong?

What if they find the fork really is mechanically perfect, that it rides like designed, and that you are expecting something that the fork can't deliver because you believed reviews that was paid for by Fox Head int and thus it is just an average fork.

Will you still then be throwing your toys out the cot?

I dunno man, I really hope for your sake that they find a mistake and that you are happy when you get your fork (or a new one) back.

My take on this would be quite simple from a pure business perspective ...

If it were my business I would find it difficult to justify throwing good money after bad by having my resources spending inordinate amounts of time on potential lost causes. How much analysis and investigation do you conduct before it becomes apparent that it is costing you more to do this than to move towards a replacement?

Surely from a commercial perspective there is a clear line where it is in your own business interests to stop flogging dead horses and replace the item?.... quite apart from doing what is ethical / in good conscience .....

My $0.02.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't sound like you are overly happy with your fork. No superlatives after 3 months of dialing it in,bar it's streets ahead .

No I love my 32. I'll take it over my Sids and Reba every day. It took long to set up because I'll ride it with a new setting for about a week over varied terrain to make sure it is indeed better or worse before changing it some more. And I am way off from the manufacturer recommended settings.

It almost seems as if your are telling me to expect the worst as if it doesn't get any better. So your cup is generally half empty?

I'm playing devil's advocate. What if you don't get a new shock? What if you only get a new damper (that is what I think is the issue, ) or what if they give you more of the stink hand?

I'll say it again for a third time, I hope you get a fox back that you like riding, that would be a win-win.

It doesn't sound like you are overly happy with your fork. No superlatives after 3 months of dialing it in,bar it's streets ahead .

No I love my 32. I'll take it over my Sids and Reba every day. It took long to set up because I'll ride it with a new setting for about a week over varied terrain to make sure it is indeed better or worse before changing it some more. And I am way off from the manufacturer recommended settings.

It almost seems as if your are telling me to expect the worst as if it doesn't get any better. So your cup is generally half empty?

I'm playing devil's advocate. What if you don't get a new shock? What if you only get a new damper (that is what I think is the issue, ) or what if they give you more of the stink hand?

I'll say it again for a third time, I hope you get a fox back that you like riding, that would be a win-win.

Granted I get there is has a high probability of them not giving me what I want. I totally get that,but i am a positive person by nature. So my natural way of thinking is so.

Glad to hear you are very happy with your fork,I want nothing more than to have that fork on my bike and riding with a stupid cheesy grin on my face. The bike that the fork belongs is supposed to be my go to bike for long wkd rides. (Not my 14 kg trail bike) I built the bike from frame up with only new parts. And skimped on nothing what so ever.

And am fed up of it hanging on my bike stand.

Thanks I hope so to more than anybody else because all I want to do is ride.

After all that's what we all want isn't it .

Granted I get there is has a high probability of them not giving me what I want. I totally get that,but i am a positive person by nature. So my natural way of thinking is so.

Glad to hear you are very happy with your fork,I want nothing more than to have that fork on my bike and riding with a stupid cheesy grin on my face. The bike that the fork belongs is supposed to be my go to bike for long wkd rides. (Not my 14 kg trail bike) I built the bike from frame up with only new parts. And skimped on nothing what so ever.

And am fed up of it hanging on my bike stand.

Thanks I hope so to more than anybody else because all I want to do is ride.

After all that's what we all want isn't it .

Did you ever ride a fork like the offending one before pulling the trigger on such a massive purchase? Or a fork with the same damper?

Do you have a similar baseline to compare it to? It will make it easier to know if yours is a dud if you rode a mate's one and his feel smooth and plush and endless while yours is like hanging on to a jackhammer?

Before buying my bike I spent a weekend on a loan bike that is the same except for a few things like tyres, so that I knew if I could live with it or not.

And having ridden older fox 32 (albeit in 140mm mode I can honestly say it is chalk and cheese to the 2016 models.

ps:if you think omnico is bad, don't buy a Mitsubishi. I've been waiting 8 weeks for a door lock, got it fixed today, but on the weekend another door lock has broken, and we'll have to wait another 6-8 weeks as Mitsubishi SA didn't think it prudent to order more than one door locks to have one in buffer stock.

I've found that going directly to management level at the supplier and not shouting at the service guy on a local level (I think the local guy is so gat vol of me by now) helps to clear things up on why things take so long. But their crappy logistical support system remains a crappy system.

Did you ever ride a fork like the offending one before pulling the trigger on such a massive purchase? Or a fork with the same damper?

I do know that he owned and rode a few with the older and supposedly worse damper in them which he said were much better. So my personal assumption would be that it is so much better judging by how everyone is carrying on about the fit4 damper.

would guess about 9-13hrs . About four rides of 3hrs a piece.

Why would they presumably service it ? Have a hard time believing it.

The only feedback they gave me,was I had the compression on the hardest setting and that's the problem. But they will service it anyway... That's feedback hey?

They serviced it because they are dumb asses. They gave the wrong feedback because they are dumb asses. But, this might be a case of the fork just settling down with a bit more riding hours. Not the correct responses from them, they should have told you to give it a few more hours and if it did not improve to send it back.

In all seriousness, they just need to take a gander through this thread.

It might send them a bit of a wake up call. What with so many people deciding against a product that they supply solely because they are concerned about backup.

Well this thread made me rethink getting a fox rp23 as a replacement for my RS MC3.1 rear shock.  Will rather give my RS to Droo to sort out than struggle with Omnico if I have issues with a rp23...

Good luck with your shock issue Pikey, hope it gets resolved soonest

Do you have a similar baseline to compare it to? It will make it easier to know if yours is a dud if you rode a mate's one and his feel smooth and plush and endless while yours is like hanging on to a jackhammer?

Before buying my bike I spent a weekend on a loan bike that is the same except for a few things like tyres, so that I knew if I could live with it or not.

And having ridden older fox 32 (albeit in 140mm mode I can honestly say it is chalk and cheese to the 2016 models.

ps:if you think omnico is bad, don't buy a Mitsubishi. I've been waiting 8 weeks for a door lock, got it fixed today, but on the weekend another door lock has broken, and we'll have to wait another 6-8 weeks as Mitsubishi SA didn't think it prudent to order more than one door locks to have one in buffer stock.

I've found that going directly to management level at the supplier and not shouting at the service guy on a local level (I think the local guy is so gat vol of me by now) helps to clear things up on why things take so long. But their crappy logistical support system remains a crappy system.

i did actually have a comparison. Feels the same ????????????????????????.

post-51529-0-88679000-1461134549_thumb.png

jokes aside no never had the opportunity to ride a fit 4 before the purchase ,but have had a few kashima 100/120 forks in the past. In fact one the best forks I have had is the dt Swiss on my old 26' brilliant.

I did have thoughts of maybe it was all in my head as i ride trail bikes with longer travel forks as well. But I also ride road bikes . The tell tale factor that put my mind beyond any reasonable doubt was when I swapped bikes with a mate the instant difference on the piece of gravel we were riding was like night and day. And he has a mongoose hardtail with the standard SR SUNTOUR! No ways can that fork feel like an air cushion compared to mine. That was when I new.

post-51529-0-55513300-1461135432_thumb.png

I have actually found the videos of the fork brand new out the box . Not even ridden yet,with the fork pressure quite a bit below the recommended settings. And then the fork with all the air released. Will try and post them.

jokes aside no never had the opportunity to ride a fit 4 before the purchase ,but have had a few kashima 100/120 forks in the past. In fact one the best forks I have had is the dt Swiss on my old 26' brilliant.

I did have thoughts of maybe it was all in my head as i ride trail bikes with longer travel forks as well. But I also ride road bikes . The tell tale factor that put my mind beyond any reasonable doubt was when I swapped bikes with a mate the instant difference on the piece of gravel we were riding was like night and day. And he has a mongoose hardtail with the standard SR SUNTOUR! No ways can that fork feel like an air cushion compared to mine. That was when I new.

Nice fire pool.......

These to videos were taken the day I received the fork.

One video all the air has been let out but the stanchions don't sink into the lowers,in fact there is still a lot of Resistance.

The other Video I think the air setting was at 75/80 I know it was below my recommended weight which I think is 87.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

No air .mov

Air pressure below recommended .mov

Ok so I can see everyone getting out the pitchforks and cancelling their Fox orders left, right and centre BUT besides this situation is it so that all Fox forks and shocks are pieces of crap? I unfortunately am one of those luddites that couldn't probably tell a good fork/shock from a bad one .. as long as it goes up and down and doesn't throw me off! Having said that I do know when it's not working at all, my Raidon being a case in point but only because the rebound damper was basically 'locked' so there was very little travel ....

I'm what I would consider an 'average' rider who checks sag and pretty much makes sure that the rebound is in the middle or thereabouts doesn't ever bother with locking out manually (remote or otherwise), am I in the minority I ask myself  :eek:

Ok so I can see everyone getting out the pitchforks and cancelling their Fox orders left, right and centre BUT besides this situation is it so that all Fox forks and shocks are pieces of crap? I unfortunately am one of those luddites that couldn't probably tell a good fork/shock from a bad one .. as long as it goes up and down and doesn't throw me off! Having said that I do know when it's not working at all, my Raidon being a case in point but only because the rebound damper was basically 'locked' so there was very little travel ....

I'm what I would consider an 'average' rider who checks sag and pretty much makes sure that the rebound is in the middle or thereabouts doesn't ever bother with locking out manually (remote or otherwise), am I in the minority I ask myself :eek:

I think most of us are average and tweak the fork to how we like it set up. I always start with rebound and compression in the middle settings as my weight normally dictates so in the forks manual. And then I tweak it from there.

I am by no means an aficionado on suspension settings or feel,in fact probably quite the opposite. But when you ride often and long enough you get to know what to expect from your suspension.

I still like fox products never had any issues before this debacle. So I can't slag there previous models as I have enjoyed ,especially the kashima factory versions.

Ride an mrp and you will feel the difference,instantly ????

Archived