Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

Just received a call from Steve bowman at omnico. Firstly what a pleasant guy to chat to. Was quite happy to listen to my tale of woe,and was understanding of my frustration.

After my talk with him he went and spoke to Russell about my issue with the fork and called me back 10 minutes later.

I have been given 2 options of which I am completely thrilled about. A brand new fork tuned and set by russell for me specifically or a full refund no questions asked.

Kudos to Steve for being the bearer of good news,and omnico for doing the right thing by giving me options that suit me not them.

Thanks to everyone for there advice and post's .

Edited by Pikey

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received a call from Steve bowman at omnico. Firstly what a pleasant guy to chat to. What quite happy to listen to my tale of woe,and was understanding of my frustration.

After my talk with him he went and spoke to Russell about my issue with the fork and called me back 10 minutes later.

I have been given 2 options of which I am completely thrilled about. A brand new fork tuned and set by russell for me specifically or a full refund no questions asked.

Kudos to Steve for being the bearer of good news,and omnico for doing the right thing by giving me options that suit me not them.

So - what option you going with? :)

Just received a call from Steve bowman at omnico. Firstly what a pleasant guy to chat to. What quite happy to listen to my tale of woe,and was understanding of my frustration.

Take the fox, Russel know's his shizz.

So - what option you going with? :)

Ha ha ,told them I will give it some thought . And let them know this afternoon.

Good solution to the problem.

Thing is if any customer is unhappy with a purchase you learn that after a point to ask him to keep the goods he didn't like (even if unjustified) is just going to create a person who disses the product wherever he goes - irrespective. I have learned that at great cost.

So Steve is awesome the rest are car wrecks, lesson is still avoid Omnico like the plague unless developing white hair and more bald spots is part of your game plan nevermind that's after getting a few of the aforementioned just to afford said product.

Get that fork brand that Bibi imports, the Stage? or a RS, you've learnt your lesson with Fox, they've given you an easy out, take it.

Leopard and it's spots no?

And easy question is, how would this situation have panned out if a guy like Bibi that appears to care for his reputation and has a direct dialogue with his clients had sold you a fork that went dodgy?

I can imagine even if a repair part had to be specially ordered from the US it wouldn't have taken nearly this long to sort out and with none of the drama.

I say Omnico can go duck a sick.

So Steve is awesome the rest are car wrecks, lesson is still avoid Omnico like the plague unless developing white hair and more bald spots is part of your game plan nevermind that's after getting a few of the aforementioned just to afford said product.

Get that fork brand that Bibi imports, the Stage? or a RS, you've learnt your lesson with Fox, they've given you an easy out, take it.

Leopard and it's spots no?

And easy question is, how would this situation have panned out if a guy like Bibi that appears to care for his reputation and has a direct dialogue with his clients had sold you a fork that went dodgy?

I can imagine even if a repair part had to be specially ordered from the US it wouldn't have taken nearly this long to sort out and with none of the drama.

I say Omnico can go duck a sick.

So very true least I not forgot the drama.

Go duck a sick ????????????????????????????????????????????

So much for pitch forks and lanterns at dawn...

sorry to disappoint ... But am not complaining .

So Steve Bowman has been around the bike industry specifically mtb since the late 80s.

He's a really nice chap and seems to only have one facial expression , fortunately it's a very pleasant one.

Russell us another great guy who has also been around for yonks. Races track, mtb and road. Actually knows what's going on inside a fork and how to tune it.

Since you have their attention, And being the nice people that they are I'd be inclined to opt for the fox.

So ,.....money or the box?

And? You like?

yea very sweet. Smooth ,small bump was excellent as well as bigger hits (got lost and did a section called " pylon rocky drop" ) Very impressed felt similar in its reactions to my 140 stage. It's more than likely the way I will go. But it doesn't have that racer feel to it like the fox would. And that's my dilemma or should I say hesitation. . But otherwise it's a cracking piece of equipment and worth every cent. Edited by Pikey