[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

77.5km/h on lap 1 (down to Heartbreak hill)

79.8km/h on lap 2 (down Cedar road)

Just looked at my second lap 79.6km/h with 77.0km/h on the first the exact same places as yours. :ph34r:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

77.8km/h, down to Heartbreak...

Managed 99.7 last year down Cedar on a gravel bike  :blink:

Think the one thing we're all forgetting about last year is that horrendous headwind from the north (/tailwind down Cedar). That would've had an impact on the sub-3 comparison with 2014 for sure...

holy cr@p 99.7 ? Where you gripping tightly ????????????

According to my Garmin I topped out at 88.2km/h and I am a lightweight 75kg with a compact crank so I don't really bother pedaling downhill much. Love the speed of a road bike,that's what got me hooked .

Have maxed out at 92.2km/h down comaro ave here in the south it's frikkin proper steep. Must admit get white knuckle fever when I go down there.

Many years ago (when I was young and stupid) we clocked over 100km/h going down past Panarama Flea Market in the same area. Those were the days.

Think the one thing we're all forgetting about last year is that horrendous headwind from the north (/tailwind down Cedar). That would've had an impact on the sub-3 comparison with 2014 for sure...

Jeez that impressive. There is a hill in PMB that if conditions are right with a slight tail wind you can hit 100km/h on a road bike.

Been 97km/h on the MTB before down a mine shaft of a tar road in a local valley, that defiantly was a uncomfortable feeling.

Many years ago (when I was young and stupid) we clocked over 100km/h going down past Panarama Flea Market in the same area. Those were the days.

ha ha down butchers.But there you have to pedal a bit. Comaro you just hang on ,tightly ????

Jeez that impressive. There is a hill in PMB that if conditions are right with a slight tail wind you can hit 100km/h on a road bike.

Been 97km/h on the MTB before down a mine shaft of a tar road in a local valley, that defiantly was a uncomfortable feeling.

lol I bet the tyres sounded like a thunder at that speed on mnt bike ????????????

Mother that is fast.

I got 95 kmh down there on a tandem with my wife last year in 94.7. She wasnt happy about it at all, and that was very fast. Normally that hill is worth 75kmh on an average ride from either side.

I have seen 105 Kmh on a tandem racing down water board hill in the South in the Hyper to Hyper on a tandem. That was properly fast. My single bike highest top speed was 99kmh in a race above Nelspruit. No tail wind. Just gradient. I was very busy actually riding the bike at that stage.

Can you conceive of 130 Kmh+ on TdF descents - not when it is straight and wide but when it is super twisty, narrow and sometimes wet like the back of the large categorized climbs. 

I have the utmost respect for those guys.

Mother that is fast.

I got 95 kmh down there on a tandem with my wife last year in 94.7. She wasnt happy about it at all, and that was very fast. Normally that hill is worth 75kmh on an average ride from either side.

I have seen 105 Kmh on a tandem racing down water board hill in the South in the Hyper to Hyper on a tandem. That was properly fast. My single bike highest top speed was 99kmh in a race above Nelspruit. No tail wind. Just gradient. I was very busy actually riding the bike at that stage.

Can you conceive of 130 Kmh+ on TdF descents - not when it is straight and wide but when it is super twisty, narrow and sometimes wet like the back of the large categorized climbs. 

I have the utmost respect for those guys.

Going back a few years the elite's caught the racing tandems in the Sun City race and I heard figures of 127km/h being thrown around!!!

Managed 76kmh on the MTB, slow poke!!

What is funny is that I set PRs on lots of sections, even the M1 highway section...

Lap 1: 3h10 Lap 2 3h30 hehe

Dude that's shameful 3h10 on a mnt bike on lap one and I am busting a gut on my road bike to break 3hr ????

Managed 76kmh on the MTB, slow poke!!

What is funny is that I set PRs on lots of sections, even the M1 highway section...

Lap 1: 3h10 Lap 2 3h30 hehe

That's a lot of riding for one day!

I can see the reasoning for 2 laps. It was too much for me to take in on one lap...but I don't think my legs are ready for 7hrs of riding...how did you feel/manage the two laps? that's a good pace for 2 laps!

Dude that's shameful 3h10 on a mnt bike on lap one and I am busting a gut on my road bike to break 3hr

I must admit, that I am bit annoyed by that time, we were on for a 2h45 group MTB ride, till we lost a buddy coming down JanSmuts when the LanceArmstrongs in B/C came racing past. (it astounds me the risks that they are willing to take on a funride like this.. but anyway), we then stopped and waited for him, then rode home very slowly.....

Did have a bit of a race in the last few KMs against some very aero looking roadies. Got into a sprint in the last 300m, kicked hard the last 200m, was either going to die or beat this dude. Heart Rate last 30seconds averaged 203bpm and peaked at 208 :eek: previous record was 207.

That's a lot of riding for one day!

I can see the reasoning for 2 laps. It was too much for me to take in on one lap...but I don't think my legs are ready for 7hrs of riding...how did you feel/manage the two laps? that's a good pace for 2 laps!

I think it is finally solved, patch is DIE MUISHOND!!