G-Spot and Eden trail ripped up by motorbikes

Rouxenator

Not sure if there is another thread dealing with this, I could not find any, but I was wondering if any one has details about this incident? Has any the riders that did it been identified yet?

https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschtrailfund/posts/1762156937332308

It was with serious alarm that we heard about the three motorbikes churning up the tracks at Eden and GSpot yesterday despite clear signs that no motorbikes are allowed. We will assess the damage in the next few days but it sounds like it could be extensive. Although naming and shaming them would be ideal it would serve no real positive purpose. We would ask all our supporters to please notify the Authorities or Stellenbosch Watch 021 887 0911 if you see any suspicious activity like this again.

https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschtrailfund/photos/a.1552350388312965.1073741829.1543453032536034/1762492310632104/?type=3

Half past eight on a rainy Monday morning and Mark Gordon @dirtfox_ is busy assessing the damage done to the track by the rain and some idiot motorbikers. Although the hard clay ground of GSpot seem to have stood the motorbike test quite well (apart from the lips of a few rollers and jumps) the damage to the sandy tracks of Eden seem to be worse.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read about it on Facebook. I haven't heard any news on whether or not the bikers have been identified. It's hard to understand how they could justify their behavior.

I'm heading that way now after work, I commute via Blaauwklippen to Coetzenburg, so I'll see what the damage is. 

I saw 3 bikers also ripping through single track other side of Eden/Paradyskloof forest, as we got closer they went the other way so i couldnt identify them, unfortunately its a bit hard to identify people on motorbikes with full kit on. I wasnt aware they went through g spot, right after all the rain, I cant believe people could be so stupid and inconsiderate.

About 2 years ago I came across a guy on a dirtbike coming up from the farm to the right of eden. I was not aware that no dirtbikes allowed. Havent come across it again, but next time will def try and get the number plate digits

They dont give a F***

Weve tried to corner bikers in Franschoek ripping up the side of the mountain near the damn in a very clearly marked no go zone. Literally ripping uphill and back down again.

Tried to confront them and naturally was met with heavy aggression as they were well aware they were in the wrong.

No numberplates either. Absolute trash imo.

Hi all,

I saw the 3 bikers yesterday when i did my local ride in G-Spot / Eden. I stay in Paradyskloof. It was in the afternoon while they were taking a break. There is damage for sure. Especially in the turns (they opened up the gas).

I am very peeved off since the builders spend their whole day digging just for bikers to rip to shreds. We have to identify these guys. If we don't stop it now - it just opens up the gate for more to come.

Hi all,

I saw the 3 bikers yesterday when i did my local ride in G-Spot / Eden. I stay in Paradyskloof. It was in the afternoon while they were taking a break. There is damage for sure. Especially in the turns (they opened up the gas).

I am very peeved off since the builders spend their whole day digging just for bikers to rip to shreds. We have to identify these guys. If we don't stop it now - it just opens up the gate for more to come.

*builder

Singular. Mark Gordon. Local legend. Gordon = G. G Spot. Gordon's Spot. 

Also responsible for B Spot, GLand and a few more places. Also heavily involved in the Skate scene. Lekker oke. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

The problem is that if they use MX bikes, there will be no number plates to identify the culprits.

The problem is exacerbated in the Helderberg/Stellies area because of the lack of a place for dirt bikers to ride, so they try their luck on the MTB routes where there are not always somebody to monitor the area.

*builder

Singular. Mark Gordon. Local legend. Gordon = G. G Spot. Gordon's Spot.

Also responsible for B Spot, Vlugplaas (I think it's called) and a few more places. Also heavily involved in the Skate scene. Lekker oke.

Ah yes. I know who you are referring to. Saw him digging at g spot one day. Vlugplaas = vliegplaas is the name. Jump spot.

And yes - mx bikes so could not see any number plates for possible identification.

Also responsible for B Spot, Vlugplaas (I think it's called) and a few more places. Also heavily involved in the Skate scene. Lekker oke. 

Vliegveld is Bennet.

G Land is Mark.

I've confronted a quad biker in Eden before. Maaaaaaany moons ago.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

If there are no numbers on the bikes than it really is just a group of wannabe, hacker, type bikers. If the bikers are serious riders they would have their MSA racing numbers on their boards for the season, but as serious riders they would understand the value of the biking image and not look to throw it away ripping up some dedicated MTB trials in the first place!

If it happens regularly it could be worth getting a motion activated trial cam set up and checking with the local dirtbike wrenches who the bikes belong to! These things need servicing! You'll quickly find out who they are that way!

Edited by Tubehunter