Bobbo_SA

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from takealot advertising a big cycling clearance sale.

Looks like it's mainly ASG brands.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there :-) 

I also bought for girlfriends bike :-) Says up to 200m so that should work  :thumbup:

I bought to keep in my commuting bag as a backup.

That 200m could mean anything, will give it a test alongside my 1000 Lumens Lezyne light and report back.

Thats a lekke front light it switches off by itself if its gets light enough

OK for riding and visibility not for racing

Mine lasts 3 hours a t a time it small and does not have a seperate battery pack
Love mine

Its R199 at Takealot

MTB direct in Aussie are  pumping out the deals before they go into lockdown. 

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/trust-performance-shout-fork

New trust forks at over 60% off so $1199Aud 130mm and 178mm options. So a shade over R12K plus Aramex for a R35k fork local price. 

a bit late I know...but we obviously now know why with Trust going under and all.

Edited by morneS555

I bought to keep in my commuting bag as a backup.

That 200m could mean anything, will give it a test alongside my 1000 Lumens Lezyne light and report back.

The light just got delivered.

A quick read through the engrish instructions reveals its a 250 lumens light.

Build quality does not seem terrible for the headlight, the tail light not so much. The lens and body construction of the tail light is a very cheap plastic, where as the headlight is a nicer rubberised feel to it.

Come neatly presented in a box with foam cut outs and charger cables for each light.

I'm charging up the headlight and will test it along side the Lezynne tonight.

The light just got delivered.

A quick read through the engrish instructions reveals its a 250 lumens light.

Build quality does not seem terrible for the headlight, the tail light not so much. The lens and body construction of the tail light is a very cheap plastic, where as the headlight is a nicer rubberised feel to it.

Come neatly presented in a box with foam cut outs and charger cables for each light.

I'm charging up the headlight and will test it along side the Lezynne tonight.

It rattles..

The light is removable from teh strap the holds it to the bike, I suspect this is where is rattles, even though its a tight fit.

Its a great "be seen" light, has a flashing mode and 2 constant on modes as well as a light sensing mode where it will turn the light on automatically when it gets dark.

Also has cut outs on the sides where light can shine left and right. Although traditionally mounted on the handle bars your hands/arms block this.

As a "to see" light its just not powerful enough and the light not focused enough, for speeds 25kph and under I suspect it would work, but the higher speed stuff on urban roads it does not cut it.

Then there are the LEDs on the top. 3 bright green LEDs indicating the battery level are way to bright and keep catching your eye every time you look down.