Dopers suck

fandacious

14 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

And I enjoyed it too. Served its purpose. At least DG just said “ ok you got me, sorry it was stupid.” And moved on.

It’s worth watching the documentary on Red Bull tv about Fluckiger experience in 22 and 23 for the other side

Also respected that - still got hate on the hub though for not ratting out his drug suppliers. Nothing will ever please the hub mob 😁

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Blahblah said:

...too many of the kids linked to a certain coaching empire come up dirty.....I count 4 in the last decade...the empire has shapeshifted / crumbled / reinvented over time, but the smudge remains

This and the replies that follow are incorrect. 90% of the names mentioned were never athletes of the company.

2 hours ago, babse said:

Shyoh i was a fanboy of Prime (doped) KE and DG. 

Watched "An Epic Tale" documentary at least 5 times 😂

Hey it could be worse ....

I watched most of the 7 yellow armband titles .... was able to watch it "real time" on dstv back then ....

I was a BIG supporter of Lance ..... still conflicted .... not easy being objective when you are invested in a person ..... 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:14 PM, binxc said:

The whole story is a bit odd. 

Phentermine is banned in competition but she states she was taking it out of competition due to weight gain as a result of a sterilisation. A normal sterilisation would not necessarily result in intractable weight gain unless they removed one's ovaries as well, which would not be standard at her age - but depending on the cause of her issues, they may very well have had to do that. She also had her urologist at her hearing to suggest that she had altered kidney function which may have contributed to her high urine levels and he then says that they need to ask a nephrologist about that, which is fair from his side but indicates poor preparation from her representation, as surely they should have anticipated that the urologist would give this answer, being a surgeon and not a physician. 

A more cohesive medicolegal team might have gotten her off but ultimately, she knew the risks of taking it. 

Surely if you're an elite athlete you work with a doctor that understands what you can and can't take, or at the very least you BOTH make sure.

That is just so smelly......I used to be a fan.....no more.

2 hours ago, love2fly said:

Surely if you're an elite athlete you work with a doctor that understands what you can and can't take, or at the very least you BOTH make sure.

I don’t think it’s a case of cam or can’t take. The drug she got pinged for is only banned in competition so she would have to ensure its levels had lowered below the threshold before she could race. So either she made a mistake with her timing of the medication or her hydration was off a few days before she raced or her metabolism of the drug was slower than it should have been or the lab results could be inaccurate. Many ifs but the fact is her defence was sub par. We can argue till the cows come home about the way she ended up going down the decision tree she did but I for one can’t judge someone whose journey I have not walked, run or ridden. At the end of the day everyone makes mistakes , some are just lucky to ge tiff lightly while others serve as warning beacons for others (who somehow still repeat the same mistakes). 

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I don’t think it’s a case of cam or can’t take. The drug she got pinged for is only banned in competition so she would have to ensure its levels had lowered below the threshold before she could race. So either she made a mistake with her timing of the medication or her hydration was off a few days before she raced or her metabolism of the drug was slower than it should have been or the lab results could be inaccurate. Many ifs but the fact is her defence was sub par. We can argue till the cows come home about the way she ended up going down the decision tree she did but I for one can’t judge someone whose journey I have not walked, run or ridden. At the end of the day everyone makes mistakes , some are just lucky to ge tiff lightly while others serve as warning beacons for others (who somehow still repeat the same mistakes). 

Some are just lucky and get to blame their pharmacist and the rest is history...

14 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I think she said she stopped taking in 10 days before...?

I wonder how long it takes to clear your system. Being something of a diuretic surely quite quickly.

The levels were 6x that of the recommended level... So no, there is something not right there. 

6x isn't bad hydration or 10 days after last dose no matter how you look at it unfortunately

13 hours ago, love2fly said:

It seems from the report that they did understand that she couldn't take it in competition, and came to the mutual decision that it was still the way forward. This isn't a medication that you need to take daily to survive - in fact, you wouldn't want to "live" on it indefinitely as it can have a lot of bad side effects, particularly cardiac which is obviously bad for an athlete. If she was using it for the reasons she claims (weight-loss post surgery - already questionable), there would be no need to take it so close to competition that you would test positive. Take it for 6 months, hit your goal weight, stop it the month before SA XC Champs, race clean, repeat as necessary. It is not like you will balloon to an uncompetitive weight in a few weeks. Which leads me to believe she was taking it for stimulant reasons - I gave her the benefit of the doubt initially as I have also grown to be a fan particularly after her heroic Epic last year - but the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. 

12 hours ago, love2fly said:

I wonder how long it takes to clear your system. Being something of a diuretic surely quite quickly.

Pharmacokinetics reasonably well established. Half-life is about 20 hours with normal kidney function. 90% cleared in about 3 half-lives, >95%  in 5. 

Edited by R-squared

14 hours ago, love2fly said:

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The levels were 6x that of the recommended level... So no, there is something not right there. 

6x isn't bad hydration or 10 days after last dose no matter how you look at it unfortunately

1 hour ago, R-squared said:

Pharmacokinetics reasonably well established. Half-life is about 20 hours with normal kidney function. 90% cleared in about 3 half-lives, >95%  in 5. 

It doesn’t look good from any angle does it

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

It doesn’t look good from any angle does it

+1 which is a huge pity.....

Edited by love2fly

5 hours ago, Rockid said:

It does come across as if they were required to put out a press release but are still trying their best to keep it under wraps.

I don’t think so, it’s been removed from the SAIDS website as well. There more going on behind the scenes. Go warm the popcorn 🍿 pot and fill the kettle

Edited by DieselnDust