Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

So you have a double garage in which to play. Bastard.

VERY good mate of mine has a triple garage that's 2 deep for 2 of the bays. I hate him even more. Pity he's in Durbs, otherwise I'd be using it as a tool storage space and give him usage rights. 

What I would do for some extra space.... 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but according to reviews on the web, it's prone to inaccuracies and the guide rails have far too much tolerance in them. If I pay R 10k for a table saw, I want that thing to be accurate... 

Unless it's been attended to, that is. 

Measure twice cut once...the fence needed strenghetning yes, the table insert changed, but other than that just fine.

you gotta fix to truley own it

Measure twice cut once...the fence needed strenghetning yes, the table insert changed, but other than that just fine.

you gotta fix to truley own it

True... but yeah. Makita. Should be accurate out the box. 

Dammit, I keep breaking belts on my drum sander. I'm about to torch it :(

It's one of those Adendorf Mac-Afric jobbies, works pretty well once set up (which mine is) but lately I've been breaking sanding belts left right and center. I can't seem to find the 3 inch wde belts so ended up using 1 inch emery cloth, they worked pretty well, especially in rougher grits, but fine grits, over 120 ... couple of feet and riiiip.

Actually cupping, but yes you're right.

S@B, are the glued yet?

[emoji45] Glued, screwed and biscuits in. Also braced across the bottom, and doing breadboards tonight, so hopefully will be ok... I've learnt something new, thanks.

Actually cupping, but yes you're right.

S@B, are the glued yet?

Edit - Double Post

Edited by Stretched@Birth

Talking of wedged tenons.  Check out this guy (he also loves wedged tenons).  The guy sometimes comes over as cocky, but this is refreshing in a multitude of boring woodworking videos.

can watch him work all day long!

Just thought of something else... Normal circular saw but with a home-made table. Plenty instructables around detailing the making of, and it's how it was done for a long time.... 

Also a lot cheaper... 

Edit: Nah, not gonna do that. Far better to just save up and get a proper one. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew