Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Graham, needed a block plane, but have since then bought a brand new Stanley and also found 2 older Stanleys. If you decide on selling any PM me the pics of what you would like to sell

I unpacked them last night. Models are a Bailey No. 4, a Record No. 5 1/2, and a Bailey No. 7 (this one is LARGE!), and a few others I didn't bother to check. The bad news is that I forgot how lovely these things are and I don't want to sell any. Sorry Ed  :blush:  They have huge sentimental value to me though and selling them would not be right.

Edited by GrahamS2

Thx Jimmy. Was gonna ask where you get them. Have not seen them yet where I shop for tools (Apple or BPM Toolcraft)

You're welcome. When I bought my set it worked out to about 300 ront for the 10 bits. That's really good value. And they cut very nicely too. [emoji3]

I unpacked them last night. Models are a Bailey No. 4, a Record No. 5 1/2, and a Bailey No. 7 (this one is LARGE!), and a few others I didn't bother to check. The bad news is that I forgot how lovely these things are and I don't want to sell any. Sorry Ed  :blush:  They have huge sentimental value to me though and selling them would not be right.

I know exactly how you feel about them, I have similar love for spoke shaves and block planes. All cool G :thumbup:

I know exactly how you feel about them, I have similar love for spoke shaves and block planes. All cool G :thumbup:

I have a lovely Stanley spoke shave too. Use that quite a bit.

I'm now racking my brain for something to build with them this weekend ;)

Edited by GrahamS2

Just keep your eyes open. As mentioned before, the other day by chance I walked into a pawn shop and picked up a used Stanley Bailey No 5 in well looked after condition with a spare blade wrapped in paper and Eclipse honing guide all in an old banking bag. All for R290 if I recall correctly. Not one spot of rust on it, just a nice patina.

Edited by Moridin

Just keep your eyes open. As mentioned before, the other day by chance I walked into a pawn shop and picked up a used Stanley Bailey No 5 in well looked after condition with a spare blade wrapped in paper and Eclipse honing guide all in an old banking bag. All for R290 if I recall correctly. Not one spot of rust on it, just a nice patina.

I found a makita planner/ thicknesser in a pawn shop almost brand new...looked hectic because someone tried to push wet planks through it...took it home and cleaned it up...one of the most used machines in my workshop.

Pants Boy bragging? No way!  :whistling:

Looks good. Pants Boy probably up to his knees in mandust.

BTW, why the f do kitchen installers insist on using chipboard for toe kicks. My cupboards live a hard life with kids around for the past 10 years and the toe kicks have swelling and the oak veneer is peeling off as a result. Lekker moering ekke.