Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18V lithium ion range. I got a few of the tools. (hammer drill, vacuum cleaner, jigsaw, sander and I have plenty more I want to get still) and I only have 2 batteries and 1 charger. Its awesome as you buy the tool without the battery and then buy batteries separately. It charges in less than 20 min and lasts a long time. My hammer drill is flipping strong and nothing has stopped it yet. I will get another battery next time I buy another tool. So many people have looked at me funny when I bring my makita LXT tools for a big job and then they are amazed at how strong they are.

Only problem is I DON"T LEND THEM OUT, so I end up doing jobs for family/friends in my own time :(

yeah, I was looking at the LXT jigsaw. MEGA bucks!

But I've used a couple of the makita devices before. Bloody brilliant things, they are. Love the common battery and the fact you can get them separately. 

But I've used a couple of the makita devices before. Bloody brilliant things, they are. Love the common battery and the fact you can get them separately.

I got myself the drill from takealot for a good price but now I am hunting around for a good deal on a battery and charger.

I'd rather build shelves underneath - like clamps, you can almost never have enough storage.

Like this:

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/images/13133-A.jpg

I got myself the drill from takealot for a good price but now I am hunting around for a good deal on a battery and charger.

I have a great Milwaukee Cordless drill, with brushless motor, but the one battery is dead, while the other battery is on it's last legs.  Repacking the 2 batteries will cost me almost halve of a new one, and just about the same price as a new Makita or Bosch 18V jobbie. Such a bloody shame.

I have a great Milwaukee Cordless drill, with brushless motor, but the one battery is dead, while the other battery is on it's last legs. Repacking the 2 batteries will cost me almost halve of a new one, and just about the same price as a new Makita or Bosch 18V jobbie. Such a bloody shame.

Ja, I went through a similar exercise a few years ago with a black and dekker drill that had 2 dead batteries. It is now gathering dust on a shelf in my workshop as it was going to cost more to re pack than what it cost to replace it.

You will love the jigsaw. Yes they are pricey but I tell my wife each time that's its the last one I will have to buy as it doesn't die like the other stuff. So far (touch wood) I havent had a failure and my wife obviously doesn't mind because she usually buys the stuff for me for birthday/xmas/fathers day.

The vacuum cleaner is so good she prefers it to the normal vacuum cleaner and uses it more than I do. I know this because I always have to clean it out before I use it and I complain that she doesn't clean it out after use.

What I like about my Milwaukee is that you can insert the battery from both sides to play with the balance of the drill.  Very handy if you have one mother of a drill in the chuck.  I just wish Milwaukee would have more presence here.  Their cordless stuff is f*n brilliant.

Myles, you are going to give yourself many sleepless nights. Trust me, I have been down this path before. You start thinking of ways to get the money while trying to sleep. Best is, I used to write applications for ATM machines used by the banks. You do not want to know what crap went through my mind.  :blush:  :ph34r:

Myles, you are going to give yourself many sleepless nights. Trust me, I have been down this path before. You start thinking of ways to get the money while trying to sleep. Best is, I used to write applications for ATM machines used by the banks. You do not want to know what crap went through my mind.  :blush:  :ph34r:

LOL. Thing is it's tax season... and my return is in. And my old phone AND iPad are in the shop to get checked out for water damage. Got the call for the phone already, saying it's dead... waiting to hear on the ipad.

Oh goodness... R3k cheaper than the tools would be by themselves. R 7,999 as a kit. 

No, you don't need it. You DO NOT NEED IT.... 

http://www.makitatoolsonline.co.za/image/cache/data/DLX2085M-500x500.jpg

post-29544-0-98750500-1469791289.jpg

I received a lekker little surprise from Sanlam this morning. Going to pick up a new pedestal drill and belt/disk sander from Adendorfs just now.

If i had the moolah... But right now I don't. 

I like your priorities Myles. I get the feeling that some on this thread will even sell their bicycles  for tools. ;)

I like your priorities Myles. I get the feeling that some on this thread will even sell their bicycles  for tools. ;)

Nah, we just convince ourselves that a 55k bike is just as good as a 110k bike.  :whistling:

EDIT:  My old BMC Four Stroke 02 26er 2011 model should hit the Hub adds soon.

Edited by Moridin