UCI MTB World Cup XCO 2016: Albstadt, Germany - 22 May

Nick

So it's round 2 of the XCO World Cup today.

The women elites ride at 11am and the men elites at 2pm.

There's a decent South African showing at this round. Anyone found the confirmed start list. Seems to be too well hidden for me on the UCI website this year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's round 2 of the XCO World Cup today.

The women elites ride at 11am and the men elites at 2pm.

There's a decent South African showing at this round. Anyone found the confirmed start list. Seems to be too well hidden for me on the UCI website this year.

Just saw a tweet that Platt is also riding today... RIO ambitions?

Yeah, been following the live timing. Works well, nice feature alongside the live broadcast on dstv and livestreaming on red bull.

Just joined from end of lap 4...glad to see Schurter / Absalon duo in lead... did I miss anything?

Just joined from end of lap 4...glad to see Schurter / Absalon duo in lead... did I miss anything?

Nope pretty much as it is.. Geiger went OTB.. had a flat and got a new wheel..

Now you are up to date.

Cool sportmanship by the Julian , I don't think he will ever be able to take El Nino in the sprint. These two are the top aces.

Best finish in a XC race I have seen to date. Very happy to see Kulhavy back in top 5.

Looks like Langvad has made the jump too.

Bummer the Blonde Bombshell was sick, and great ride from Jenny, I think we are going to see a lot of her on the podium.

I really hope so!!!!! Imagine a regular podium with her and Batty

What a race in both events. Encouraging to see how our riders are racing now, might not be the podium chasing that every sports fan likes to see, but SA is starting to show a presence in a few areas of the sport.
Mixing it against some of the more established riders and nations, and by doing so paving the way for future champions as well as becoming more consistent.