New full suspension bike

Any advice welcome.

I am in the market for a new bike. My options at this stage is the Rocky Mountain Element 910 RSL, the Momsen Vipa XT, the Scott Spark 910, Specialized Camber Comp Carbon 29.

I am leaning towards the Rocky Mountain, so need convincing why NOT to buy it, or why I SHOULD.

I am in Centurion, so it would be beneficial to have a shop close to me and also one who gives good after sales service.

Thanks 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'll answer the question you were actually asking,   with the current state of the market you wil get the best bang for your buck with the rockymountain and scott 

I would go for the rocky mountain cause they are super comfortable but also very responsive and Epic sports stocks and works on a lot of them + they are close by 

Enjoy whatever you pick   ;)

Edited by BaGearA

I agree with Tatt, demo them all and what you comfortable with, buy that one... I have ridden a Spark 910 and the Camber Comp, however they are completely different bikes for different riding styles... and cannot be put in the same class... I preferred the camber just my 2c I haven't ridden the Rocky though

I have the scott spark 910 - I love the bike, great handling and acceleration and holds top end well. Like most before me, you need to try ride them all, if you cant then go for the one that looks the nicest as 1st impressions count and you don't want to be 2nd guessing.

I currently ride a Rocky 2015 Element 999 rsl. I've owned a few bikes before but this one has been my favourite for the longest and I don't see any foreseeable upgrade to this (perhaps ever). Efficient, playful and extremely capable on the technical stuff. A 120mm fork and a dropper seatpost really suits this bike. The ABC bushings are super stiff and hard wearing and this is from someone that weighs 110kg fully kitted. Customer support in RSA is great but that will also depend on your bike shop. Buy Rocky and tackle any trail you cross without wondering for a moment if you have the best bike for the job.

Welcome, buy a Pyga and you'll always be smiling.

The Vipa XT is a nice looking bike.

Thanks. it is a nice looking bike indeed, just not sure about the 1x drive train, especially for me.

Definitely the BMC Fourstroke FS02 XT. Or if you want to have a bit more fun the BMC Speedfox SF02 XT.

Thanks. I don't know this bike or who stock it, but will have a look. 

well I'll answer the question you were actually asking,   with the current state of the market you wil get the best bang for your buck with the rockymountain and scott 

I would go for the rocky mountain cause they are super comfortable but also very responsive and Epic sports stocks and works on a lot of them + they are close by 

Enjoy whatever you pick   ;)

Thanks. You are spot on with your comments, thanks. Epic has a big special on at the moment and the guys are willing to assist and looks like they know what they are talking about. Your comment is just what I needed, thanks.