[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

I was on a red & black Merida, LCC kit.

Ok, I remember someone with a LCC kit. (didn't look at the bike), was wearing a CwC jersey. (joined you guys from D batch)

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have lots of questions . Like how long should you do a stint at the front for? How do you communicate when the pace is to slow or to hot . When do wait? Or don't you?

One thing I have learned . That even if the pace is to slow for you you going up,if you don't know the course and the next part is quick you will get caught and that climb at pace was waisted energy . Course knowledge and knowing what to expect is paramount.

As per usual, it depends :D

Usually <30 seconds if it's a double paceline.  If it's a single -- think team-time-trial --, the stronger rider(s) sit a little bit longer.  This allows the weaker riders to recover more, and keeps more riders in play.   In a double paceline the rider next to you could be weaker, so don't interrupt the flow.

If it's windy, the difference between work and rest will be amplified, so the time spent in front changes.

If they're teammates you can tell them to slow a bit.  If they're opponents never, ever tell them the pace is too hot.

If you're just starting, you'll have a tendency to feel hero, and stay in front too long.  Don't do this.

If you need a break, rather stay at the back and skip a few pulls than interrupting the speed or the flow.  Don't skip every pull, or everyone will skip every pull.

Try and chew a bar or drink at the back, not the front.

And now you're ready to learn about swapping the rotation direction when the wind direction changes (or you go around a corner, and therefore the wind changes), and whether you should gutter in a cross-head or cross-tail wind.

Ok, I remember someone with a LCC kit. (didn't look at the bike), was wearing a CwC jersey. (joined you guys from D batch)

Ok cool, I remember seeing a CwC jersey at some point when my eyes were still working. Did you break away with us (I can't remember everyone who went across)?

Page 1 has been resolved, except for the first tandem (2:21) - that also needs to be corrected.

8d37d97757e2a430ced8d7491e7b0fb8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by geraldm24

Page 1 has been resolved, except for the first tandem (2:21) - that also needs to be corrected.

So did Jay and Werner win the tandems? When the seeding index is calculated do they work on the winning AL?

Please let us know where to find this new I team thread. Looking forward to it.

Going to start putting something together now. Will put a link here as well.

So did Jay and Werner win the tandems? When the seeding index is calculated do they work on the winning AL?

Yes they won the tandems. They will work on whoever has the fastest time for that distance so in this case it will be their time and not AL.

Races like this are always good for seeding for the open groups because the licensed guys times are not counted because they do a longer distance.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

That is correct.

The current two in 2:21 average low 20's, so they need to be moved to the 65km as they certainly aren't capable of riding at 40-odd km/h

Agreed, and thats why we will probbaly not do it at the 947 this year.

Will do it for races like CCMNC, FastOne, Sondela etc... Where the groups are a bit smaller and can be managed.

At 947 this year, we are planning to do a second lap handing out gels, bars, sweets and giving guys pushes up the hills etc.

I am going to need some pushes up hills, PLEASE!

Feels so good seeing my name on Page 1 of results! (Albeit without the Elites/ Vets)

:clap:  :ph34r:

Unfortunately had to visit my chiropractor today who raced on Sunday in the 125km race and did it in 2h56????????????????????..... Very unassuming nice guy. Average speed of 44km/h odd . Damn !

Unfortunately had to visit my chiropractor today who raced on Sunday in the 125km race and did it in 2h56..... Very unassuming nice guy. Average speed of 44km/h odd . Damn !

Does he race elite?