[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

my word...im no weather expert but I think well be kite surfing this sunday... :eek:

:devil:

I've developed a cold at the last possible moment, trying to break it with all the Effervescent tablets I can find. But if I come down hard with illness by the time Sunday rolls around and the wind pitches as forecasted I might just not take my start and rather support the riders battling the wind.

Obviously a bad day in the saddle is still better than any other day not in the saddle, so will try to be healthy by then.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to know what the wind prediction was compared to Sunday

In 2009 the wind speed was between 50 and 60km/h, with gusts up to 75km/h. In comparison Sunday will be about 2/3 of it. 

In 2009 the wind speed was between 50 and 60km/h, with gusts up to 75km/h. In comparison Sunday will be about 2/3 of it. 

Comparing riders results between 2009 and other years, the wind added about 30mins to their overall time. Long enough to justify adding that extra piece of nutrition into your pockets...come prepared

Windguru predicts winds around 25km/h for CPT, that's not too bad is it? Nice to cool us down :-P

Luggage: 1 out of 2 bags has arrived! Racetec and saddle are in the other bag of course. Will be delivered today, what time? Who knows! Jaja this is Afrika ;-)

Stuck at work. Why I didn't make this a long weekend, I don't know! Stupid! Never learn! 

:devil:

I've developed a cold at the last possible moment, trying to break it with all the Effervescent tablets I can find. But if I come down hard with illness by the time Sunday rolls around and the wind pitches as forecasted I might just not take my start and rather support the riders battling the wind.

Obviously a bad day in the saddle is still better than any other day not in the saddle, so will try to be healthy by then.

If I were you I would stay in bed for the next two days. Take it easy. The only thing tablets will do is maybe make you feel better, but not make you better. The problem with feeling better is then you go do things, maybe even ride your bike, but your body is not actually better and you end up doing more bad than good.

Edited by andydude

If I were you I would stay in bed for the next two days. Take it easy. The only thing tablets will do is maybe make you feel better, but not make you better. The problem with feeling better is then you go do things, maybe even ride your bike, but your body is not actually better and you end up doing more bad than good.

what start group you at?

^^^ This... Only you can make the decision, but think carefully. If you have a fever, stay in bed. Better to be sorry you didn't participate than sorry you had a close up and personal with a medic. Morbid I know, but that's the reality

what start group you at?

2D, but falling back to 2G to ride with my two brothers. Will probably not get that opportunity again  :thumbup:

And you?

Edited by andydude

So, who is stuck on the R21 trying to get on a flight to CT?

Me and the wife were on different flights from ORT this morning - on her 7:10 flight there were 22 passengers not on the flight. My 6:25 was full. Was at airport just after 5. Rubbish traffic from Cape Town airport to town though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2D, but falling back to 2G to ride with my two brothers. Will probably not get that opportunity again  :thumbup:

And you?

2D as well, so i guess you guys will probably catch me, say hi when you come pass

Windguru predicts winds around 25km/h for CPT, that's not too bad is it? Nice to cool us down :-P

Luggage: 1 out of 2 bags has arrived! Racetec and saddle are in the other bag of course. Will be delivered today, what time? Who knows! Jaja this is Afrika ;-)

Think you reading the winds speed in knots not km/hr my friend.

Edited by joevan

2D as well, so i guess you guys will probably catch me, say hi when you come pass

Will try to find the meezo needle in the haystack!

What clothes and bike?

Will try to find the meezo needle in the haystack!

What clothes and bike?

same kit like the guys you rode Tour de PPA with, then black and green china bike! at 1690mm tall you probably looking for half a needle in haystack :blush:

same kit like the guys you rode Tour de PPA with, then black and green china bike! at 1690mm tall you probably looking for half a needle in haystack :blush:

Hehehe

You like to dance in the pedals

So, not that bad, Meezo ????????