[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are stuffing it up so badly, it should be easy to host a similar event and make a killing! 

Don't believe anyone saying they stuffing up badly, think its more a question of bad commination. Each post/email says something different and confuses one to no end.

Who ever complaints about R500 entry ... still cheaper than single tyre or chain.

Don't believe anyone saying they stuffing up badly, think its more a question of bad commination. Each post/email says something different and confuses one to no end.

Who ever complaints about R500 entry ... still cheaper than single tyre or chain.

agreed :D

has anyone got any details on this event ? is it difficult ?  do you need to train ? :whistling:

Nah, it's a pancake flat, relaxed ride around the Peninsula. No real training needed

If you don't believe me, ask Chris Froom, Mark Cavendish, and a few of the okes that has done it before after their three week cruise through France, Italy and surrounds. 

Nah, it's a pancake flat, relaxed ride around the Peninsula. No real training needed

If you don't believe me, ask Chris Froom, Mark Cavendish, and a few of the okes that has done it before after their three week cruise through France, Italy and surrounds. 

ah ha, so no need to worry about bunch rider skills, screaming keep left and big baboons then.

but I am worried I might get lost. will the route be obvious? and what happens if I loose my water bottle ? will they give me another one?

If they are stuffing it up so badly, it should be easy to host a similar event and make a killing! 

PPA does not organize the Cape Town Cycle tour!

PPA does not organize the Cape Town Cycle tour!

I was talking about the R510 expensive entrance fee people were complaining about. 

ah ha, so no need to worry about bunch rider skills, screaming keep left and big baboons then.

but I am worried I might get lost. will the route be obvious? and what happens if I loose my water bottle ? will they give me another one?

Bunches are big, but because it is so flat and with such a chilled atmosphere, pace is very sedate. Gives you more than enough time to take in all the majestic views, stop at the water tables (and locals that offers Braaivleis and Beer) and chillax with your buddies.

You need not worry about getting lost on the route, you just keep the sea to your left, and you'll eventually get to the finish, which is well marked with big marques tents, beer tents and massage tents.

Should you loose your water bottle, don't panic, just stop and pick up one on the many that will be laying on the ground from the earlier bunches. If it should be empty, just stop at the next water table to fill it up. 

Is it just me or does Icycling seem a bit peeved off with PPA...

A Bit - wow an understatement. But then when I was cycling competitively PPA organized and facilitated organizing sometimes even financed events like the Giro del Capo (PPA owned that event not the events office) and road leagues not to mention up to 2 road funrides per weekend.

Now they have a large investment fund - what good is that too young and up coming road riders from the Western Cape (World- when you consider the riders who rode the Giro). Road cycling should really be at a high considering the DiData team and RSA riders placing in the top 10 in both the Olympics and TDF.

Seems like opportunities are lost by PPA with their large source of income from the Cape Town road cycle tour