[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Each to his own, but it was like the hotel california for me. You can try to check out, but you can never leave [emoji12]

At least the cold beers were good, and the hudson's burger and more beer afterwards.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it looks like any dreams of a PB is out of the question. Just gonna have a chilled ride now.

Hi all,

We just spent our first night in CPT and we woke several times from that wind?!?! How crazy is that wind. It kinda makes me nervous for sunday. :-/

Another issue: our luggage hasn't arrived! We had problems with check-in, long story. It should arrive tonight or tomorrow. It better because my cycling gear and racetec are inside.

The bike I 've rented is here, pfew! It's a Giant road bike with shimano 105. It 's my size but the reach from saddle to handle bars is bigger then what I'm used to. I think the position from the saddle to the pedals is also not ideal.Any advice on that? (I can't take it on a test drive yet without my luggage! So glad I brought my women's saddle. The man saddle on it is not comfortabel to say the least)

Hi all,

We just spent our first night in CPT and we woke several times from that wind?!?! How crazy is that wind. It kinda makes me nervous for sunday. :-/

Another issue: our luggage hasn't arrived! We had problems with check-in, long story. It should arrive tonight or tomorrow. It better because my cycling gear and racetec are inside.

The bike I 've rented is here, pfew! It's a Giant road bike with shimano 105. It 's my size but the reach from saddle to handle bars is bigger then what I'm used to. I think the position from the saddle to the pedals is also not ideal.Any advice on that? (I can't take it on a test drive yet without my luggage! So glad I brought my women's saddle. The man saddle on it is not comfortabel to say the least)

what size kit are you ? where are you staying ? I am sure we can make a plan to get kit to you - not ideal but it will do if you have to.

We're in Tamboerskloof. The luggage should arrive on time with my stuff. It's not lost, it just didn't get on our plane yesterday so it's on todays flight.

But thanks for the offer. I'll give a shout if it would still be necessary after all. You SA-ans are a great bunch :-)

My main worry is about the bike size. I hope that position will not become too painful.

Do you have your bike fit measurements with you, Belgian One?

If the current bike isn't adjusted closer to your best fit, it can be a tough day out there

Especially with gusty conditions

Edited by 'Dale

We're in Tamboerskloof. The luggage should arrive on time with my stuff. It's not lost, it just didn't get on our plane yesterday so it's on todays flight.

But thanks for the offer. I'll give a shout if it would still be necessary after all. You SA-ans are a great bunch :-)

My main worry is about the bike size. I hope that position will not become too painful.

do you need a shorter stem ?

Haha I don't know my measurements I just go by how it feels compared with my bike at home.

When my saddle gets here, I'll see if I can move that a bit forwards.

Hi all,

The wind forecast for now thru Sunday...

post-103677-0-67821800-1489069838_thumb.png

Welcome to Cape Town, and let us introduce you to the Cape Doctor...

any body in CT from up country, if you want to enjoy the cape, do it TOMORROW (FRIDAY !!) the weather will be totally perfect. Ride to chappies tomorrow! Sunday will be way way more uuummmm interesting.

This is the bike. Is it possible to raise the handle bar (what is it called in En?) I think that might help

Or would it be wiser to call the rental and see if another bike is still available?

Anyone been to the Exco in the last 30 min? What is the q looking like?

I was there this morning around 11:30, and there was no queue. I can't see why there would be one now, as there were TONS of peeps there earlier.

Where do you get that from?

Windguru Cape Point has current winds at around 55km/h (gusts 70km/h) and on Sunday forecasted winds of around 40km/h (gusts 45km/h). 

I Attached jpeg of Windguru when I replied - 

DONT SEE 55 WITH 7O GUSTS FOR TODAY AT ALL?

post-29277-0-09828500-1489071047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stefalbertyn