[Event] Durbie Dash

BigNiner

This one time I shaved my balls, you know, you gotta be ballsy while the others are being cocky. Gotta zig while the rest is zagging.

Haha, that just causes the Itchy and Scratchy show! Edited by Thor Buttox

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woohoo! roadie fight!

Time to make every road race an enduro - you know a roadie enduro   - they call them time trials I think... No bumping into each other then. :-)

Edited by Headshot

Was an interesting race:

For the 3 guys that broke away in A/B and the two that stayed away.. Well done gents .. very strong ride :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Timing of attack was just perfect , was pulling going up that climb just before the break so had no answer for the attack.

Now for Sunday :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

Ouch... Think that is uncalled for.

I think Dale has been on thehub long enough that we know he is not the type you are trying to label him as.

Stuff like this can happen to any of us.

Thanx Skubarra

Really glad ZDrone didn't hurt

Phew!

Edited by 'Dale

What a tough race this year, Ouch!

There was a funny moment though when at that last left corner, a couple of guys in the group broke away to get an early sprint in with 300m to go once they hit the wind they went backwards  :clap:

Was an interesting race:

For the 3 guys that broke away in A/B and the two that stayed away.. Well done gents .. very strong ride :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Timing of attack was just perfect , was pulling going up that climb just before the break so had no answer for the attack.

I saw that break over Philadelphia rollers?

That is some megawatts there

Geez

What a tough race this year, Ouch!

There was a funny moment though when at that last left corner, a couple of guys in the group broke away to get an early sprint in with 300m to go once they hit the wind they went backwards  :clap:

sooooo wanted to be in that sprint  :drool:

This must have been the toughest race I have done in a very long time. 

Started in C batch which wasnt that big around 30-35 riders and started off pretty gently until we turned right onto Fisantekraal heading towards R44. I knew that the crosswinds was gonna hurt so I stayed in the top 10 the whole way with 4-5 USN A boys pulling hard on the front. I didnt look back once until we turned left onto the R44 when I was hoping for a rest but alas we had formed a break of around 10-12 guys. :eek:

Pace didnt drop at all but rather ramped higher as we hit the rollers before we turned left at voor paardeberg. I must say the guys in the break rode excellently forming proper echelons and doing proper turns on the front then falling back into line. We caught the B batch and picked up some straggling A/B and VA/VB riders along the way. On the Klipheuwel rd it was really tough but again those USN boys did most of the work and crosswinds causing lots of weaving coz of the gusts but you had to be very alert. 

On the Philadelphia rd it was really hard to keep the echelon working properly as the 2 routes merged with lots of half distance riders riding 2 or 3 abreast and in the middle of the road. We took some big risks riding in the opp lane in order not to get dropped and this is where I burned a few to many matches.

After we turned left on adderly rd heading back to Durbanville we were still 20 - 25 guys but not long after that we were down to around 8 guys and me hanging on for dear life. We caught the A bunch with around 5kms to go and I decided to sit up as my legs were fried but the USN boys carried on past. 

I then got a dead wheel whilst sitting in A and just couldn't reel them in again and cruised to the finish line and managed 2h32 finishing 5th in C.

Thanks to the USN boys that put on the hurt and took me to a very dark place :thumbup:  Really awesome bunch of guys as we managed to chat a bit out on route and caught up with them again after the race.

PS - You dont need big climbs to make a hard race :clap:

Was an interesting race:

I agree, those three and eventually those 2 riders that stay away must get Kudos, but what is even more interesting is that guys in C have faster times then the 2 guys that broke away in A-B

Speaking of roadies, why is it that I still see so many mountain bikers in skin tight roadie pants and not the more descent and self respecting MTB shorts?

Because we are roadies also, and due to severe lack of funds, can't afford decent baggies. 

I can always put a swimming cossie over my lycra pants.  :ph34r:

I agree, those three and eventually those 2 riders that stay away must get Kudos, but what is even more interesting is that guys in C have faster times then the 2 guys that broke away in A-B

Those were the USN boys and whoever managed to stay with them till the end. As soon as we caught A bunch I sat up as I was dead :ph34r:

Was an interesting race:

it was a toss up, go or get boxed in, I went at around the 300 metre mark, was doing well until i noticed 2 wheels coming fast, finished third, but an uphill into the wind sprint should be attempted 100 metres from the end, lesson learned