Specialized announce new Enduro for 2017

News bot

..well after landing it on the moon you must still be able to ride it, surely.

Who knows, their next model may even get you to see uranus... ^_^

I see my ass every time I ride. Mostly.. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R 150k or so. Same as the Stumpy, I reckon.

I wasn't referring to the bike Myles....Craig82 contemplated sacrificing a body part for one. I was wondering if his personal attachment was clouding his judgement regarding the market value of the jewel in question ......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV

FYI the local pricing is on the Specialized website. If that's what you're trying to determine.

Sorry to tell you that it is not when you click on the Enduro link it brings up gloves.Been like that for 2 days now.

I wasn't referring to the bike Myles....Craig82 contemplated sacrificing a body part for one. I was wondering if his personal attachment was clouding his judgement regarding the market value of the jewel in question ......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If someone gave me R 150k for one of my testes, I'd sign on the dotted line then and there. I have my 1 kid, don't want another and HRT is viable these days. 

BRING IT. 

interesting suspension spec.  Elite and Comp both come with Monarch Plus and then a Lyrik / Yari set at 160mm.  So no more Pike for the Enduro line-up.

Really expensive bikes but sadly not entirely out of touch with competitor pricing.  Even direct sales brands are in the R70k's for their carbon offerings with similar spec.

But yeah, R55k for an alu bike with ok'ish wheels and a GX drivetrain is where we're at.  

interesting suspension spec.  Elite and Comp both come with Monarch Plus and then a Lyrik / Yari set at 160mm.  So no more Pike for the Enduro line-up.

Really expensive bikes but sadly not entirely out of touch with competitor pricing.  Even direct sales brands are in the R70k's for their carbon offerings with similar spec.

But yeah, R55k for an alu bike with ok'ish wheels and a GX drivetrain is where we're at.  

That sucks.

My bike's (camber comp carbon) pricing went as follows (@ same $ price):

2014: ZAR40k

2015: ZAR44k

2016: ZAR55k

2017: ZAR60k

:cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

That sucks.

My bike's (camber comp carbon) pricing went as follows (@ same $ price):

2014: ZAR40k

2015: ZAR44k

2016: ZAR55k

2017: ZAR60k

:cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Yup.  I bought a Stumpjumper FSR Comp in 2013 for R30k.  Same model (better spec compared to my old one, but still) is now R50k.  Let's adjust for the after market dropper that I had to procure and call it R33k. It's still in the region of 50% inflation over the last three years, which mirrors what the ZAR has been undergoing the last three years too.

Will we see price drops for the next cycle of models if the ZAR stays around the R13 mark?  Somehow I doubt that.

Ya its crazy times for bikes in SA... Back in 2013, I got a brand new $3000 Reign for R25k. Also find the fork travel a bit weird - its more normal to have more or the same  travel front and back so 170mm forks would have been expected...

Regardless of price, the whole Stellenbosch will be riding the new Spezza #Enduro soon!

Edited by Carel de Villiers

Regardless of price, the whole Stellenbosch will be riding the new Spezza #Enduro soon!

Alos, I wouldn't be so sure about that.  They all blew their cash on buying TurboLevo's...so that they can take a picture from Saaltjie and be part of the gêng.

Spezza?

Do you also go ride it at Jonkies?

Haha! I don't own a spez, I ride a Giant Reign.

Alos, I wouldn't be so sure about that.  They all blew their cash on buying TurboLevo's...so that they can take a picture from Saaltjie and be part of the gêng.

Had a good laugh at this  :lol: