Specialized announce new Enduro for 2017

News bot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R150k for the S-Works fattie (with Ohlins)

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/bikes/mountain/stumpjumper-fsr

Ouch. I like Ohlins, carbon rims, eagle & a full carbon frame together with guide RS carbon brakes as much as the next person... but fro R 62.500 more than the expert...

No fanks. 

And the Expert's pricing really does show what good value the Giant is. R 70k or so, with better brakes (okay, Guide R vs XT so sorta the same) and XT vs X1 (same points) but with their carbon rims and with Fox Factory level suspension. That's R 12k - R 17k less than the stumpy (at 15:1 & 14:1 for the USD)

Ouch. I like Ohlins, carbon rims, eagle & a full carbon frame together with guide RS carbon brakes as much as the next person... but fro R 62.500 more than the expert...

No fanks. 

And the Expert's pricing really does show what good value the Giant is. R 70k or so, with better brakes (okay, Guide R vs XT so sorta the same) and XT vs X1 (same points) but with their carbon rims and with Fox Factory level suspension. That's R 12k - R 17k less than the stumpy (at 15:1 & 14:1 for the USD)

I have switched from a Giant Anthem to a Specialized Camber.

The two brands really are on the opposite ends of the 'value for money' scale.

I have switched from a Giant Anthem to a Specialized Camber.

The two brands really are on the opposite ends of the 'value for money' scale.

Yeah, look - the Camber is a fantastic bike, and currently Giant's only answer is the new Anthem. But ito the spec you get for the price... VERY hard to beat the big G. Unless you get the spaz at a clearance sale, when they go for STUPID prices. 

The R has raised itself from its depths of depression so prices should all get a little better than at present. Surely?

The base Enduro at $3k is good value is it not?

The R has raised itself from its depths of depression so prices should all get a little better than at present. Surely?

The base Enduro at $3k is good value is it not?

Dude, just like food prices go up and never come down, don't get your hopes up for ever seeing a sub R40k bike again.

Dude, just like food prices go up and never come down, don't get your hopes up for ever seeing a sub R40k bike again.

Yep.

Last year's R34k bikes are now R40 

Looking at the pricing for the Uk it works out to about 50k for the Comp model.

Depends entirely on the exchange rate at the time of purchase as to how the local price would be.

Purchase in this case means the date at which the bikes landed in the country and / or Spaz SA was invoiced.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

No fanks. 

..well after landing it on the moon you must still be able to ride it, surely.

Who knows, their next model may even get you to see uranus... ^_^

Depends entirely on the exchange rate at the time of purchase as to how the local price would be.

Purchase in this case means the date at which the bikes landed in the country and / or Spaz SA was invoiced.

No I know how it works lots of things involved that's why I said about and I saw the pricing on a Pom site so working of today's rate. Could be less or more so that's why about.

is there a new stumpy on the way too?

"new" as in 2017 model (new specs)?  Yes.

But the frame was updated in 2016, so no major changes there.

I know people joke around about giving up body parts for awesome bikes but this new 29er Enduro in Sworks form seriously got me thinking about whether I would do it. I single testicle? I think so!

Not sure I'd pay S-Works money for one of those....

[emoji48] [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk