[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

For us slow guys (we got to the 2ndlast waterpoint and they had no water.i had to ride the last +-30km without water. I am still dehydrated I need a drib.

I rode with my SO yesterday, but climbed hekpoort on my own and waited for her at the water point at the top of the climb.

By the time I got there there was no water, so filled my bottle with poweraid for her.

By the time she got there (7' later) there were nothing left but koeksisters, and a couple of bottles of coke, which was running out fast. Luckily I could give her my fresh bottle.

I feel sorry for the regular slower (last 1/2 of the field), as this seems to be a general trend. I'm very disappointed, she will prabably skip this race in the future.

Edited by Pulse

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oe lekker Blitzer - see you in VB!!

Changed to FL at 7am and had a good race with some strong guys keeping the pace up .Still managed 3h03 .V batches is just to strong for me

Must say I enjoyed the race.

Was very hard as started in CL chasing the main group for about 30km before we caught them

Of a chasing group of about 8 only 3 of us consistently working, it made for some deep breaths.

Overall well organised and a very safe ride.

Hekpoort also never disappoints!!!

I was in that group for a while. You guys pulled pretty damn hard.

Good race, hard as expected. What it says on the tin....

Speedy recovery to Mark Warren Elites and Eugene Botha VB, both had big offs.

We came past (probably a min or so) after Eugene's fall, didn't look pretty!!

We came past (probably a min or so) after Eugene's fall, didn't look pretty!!

My mistake. Mark crashed and Eugene crashed into him.

Eugene is ok, drove him to the hospital, some roasties and badly swollen foot, but Mark isnt in a good way.

Edited by Patchelicious

What time did BL start?

Probably around 06h40. I am just guessing. I was TL at 06h30. AL 06h35? Then BL?

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

I was in that group for a while. You guys pulled pretty damn hard.

Yea look I think it might have been a little too hard considering I could not hang on to the front 10% of the group on Hekpoort.

But all in all it makes for some interesting racing and great training for the 947...

Hope you are a good race further!!!

Yea look I think it might have been a little too hard considering I could not hang on to the front 10% of the group on Hekpoort.

But all in all it makes for some interesting racing and great training for the 947...

Hope you are a good race further!!!

Yip, decided the hang back from a couple of km before Hekpoort. The flow of the bunch went to hell on the few bumps before the proper climb starts. I ended up overtaking some guys on the climb but the leaders pulled ahead, not to be seen again.

All in all, it was a very pleasurable ride though.

was my first road race on a road bike, did the 60km.  Kept dropping my chain, front DR was out for some unknown reason, but otherwise a good day out. 

Toilet services and availability were a disaster - People were waiting for over 30 minutes before the start.

Once again, ASG charges ridiculous prices and then can't even provide the basics...  :cursing:

I did 3:29, rather pleased with that. Got into an awesome group, an AL guy pulling his DL wife. He paced it really well. I went up Hekpoort really well, passed a lot of people. Really enjoyed the race. Can't speak for the organisation at all, didn't need anything. 

I can't remember what people were saying about this race being an indication of where you are for 947, is a sub 3:30 on the cards, seeing as I managed it here?

Done a couple of races in VA this year and enjoyed it but then thought I'd take this opportunity to test myself amongst the elites thinking I would try to hang on through the flats till Hekpoort where I was sure I would be dropped like a bad habit but holy crap those guys are next level and I only managed about 25 minutes of redlining it with zero recovery and then watched them ride off into the distance long before Hekpoort. Ended up then reforming a smaller group with some Pan-African riders (Seychelles, Djibouti, Lesotho and Zimbabwe) who also fell off the main bunch. Nice to see so many guys from other parts of the continent in this race and judging from the fact that they also fell off the main bunch, it would seem races of this scale and intensity are probably exactly what they need a bit more exposure to. The Lesotho rider was very strong up Hekpoort though, perhaps unsurprisingly down here at low altitude  :P

I did 3:29, rather pleased with that. Got into an awesome group, an AL guy pulling his DL wife. He paced it really well. I went up Hekpoort really well, passed a lot of people. Really enjoyed the race. Can't speak for the organisation at all, didn't need anything. 

I can't remember what people were saying about this race being an indication of where you are for 947, is a sub 3:30 on the cards, seeing as I managed it here?

Definitely. You should come quite close to 3h00 at 947 if you can find another nice group there.

My mistake. Mark crashed and Eugene crashed into him.

Eugene is ok, drove him to the hospital, some roasties and badly swollen foot, but Mark isnt in a good way.

Hope they both recover well.