Jetline Action Photos

JeffD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the worst. If you buy a digital download, you get a un edited pic. I mean, for the price they could ad some basic editing.

Mostly boring pics like mentioned, but once or twice I saw a nice pic of myself coming around a berm or something which looked cool.

Then I saw the price and promptly decided it wasn't THAT cool.

I've also thought if they would bring their prices down a touch then so many more people would buy from them.

Excellent opportunity for a guy with a good camera to go stand on the trails at events and take pics of guys and sell them at a fraction of the price. Maybe some healthy competition is just what they need...

And to make matters worse, the quality of the little thumbnails of the pictures are so terrible, you can’t even see if it’s a nice picture.

Could drop R75 for something that you think looks nice until you get the actual file...

Agreed way too expensive- my fam takes my pics only few I bought was for the first Ironman I did

I usually buy a photo of a race but only if there's a good 1 but have also skipped a lot of them because the photos not great but if it was cheaper I would buy more.

We're not race snakes so we stop and take photos and also when waiting for each other we take pictures of the other as he approaches.

i've bought pics from a few races (monster , transbaviaans) only because it was my first few races and would like the memories. I did however have to budget for the photos as I also feel they are very expensive. sometimes you get a discount promotion or even discount from the race (berg and bush offers some discount) but it's still expensive. was a bit disappointed by the photos on the transbaviaans because as mentioned before there were amazing views but the spots they photographer was situated at was dull and boring. Now I understand logistically it's difficult to get a guy into the middle of nowhere with a camera and sustenance, but it's difficult, not impossible. 

This is not a new topic*,

they are still around so either:

- their business model does work

- they have a monopoly on big races that is entenched

- there's a constant stream of new mugs who buy the pics for novelty value

or a combination of the above

*they have however moved on from the early 00's plan of sending you the hardcopy prints and then a lawyer's demand 3 weeks later

Morning,

Random question but how many people buy Jetline Action Photos?

I've just looked at my Trailseeker #3 photos & there is nothing "action" about them. 1 photo at the start & 2 on dirt roads. In the past I've never purchased a photo either, my choice, there were a couple of good ones.

These photos aren't cheap, in my opinion, either.

Is business good for them?

I'm in no way affiliated to them or competition. I'm just curious to what others think.

Cheers,

Yip hulle phodies is poef. Gan ry die Epic en wag vir jou sportograph pics.

Way overpriced! Also - the photographers sit next to each other. There is never a surprise....  not impressed with the Berg&Bush Descent pics.

Ek neem sport foto's vir 'n hobby. Ek word nie betaal om dit te doen, en al die onkostes kom maar uit my sak. So die "verkoop" van foto's is nie belangrik, maar ek kan dit ook nie die Oorspronklikke verniet weg gee. 

Ek gee nie foto's vir die Media want hulle dink dat as jy jou naam onderaan 'n foto in die koeant sien, gee dit jou daai nugget feeling in die maag...en hulle lag, want hulle verkoop koerante en kry gratis foto's. So, die Media is 'n "no-no" vir my

Dalk dink julle nie aan die onkoste van foto's neem, maar kom ek gee julle 'n idee tov my onkostes en dan kan julle natuurlik dit in ag neem met die "pro" fotograwe

1) Petrol onkostes na 'n event
2) Toegangs gelde
3) Tyd by die event, jy ry dalk 2 ure, maar die fotograaf is daar vir +-5 ure, want hy neem die voorloper en agter os af :-)
4) Nou bietjie editing, kom ons se jy gebruik lightroom (Lisensie kostes van LR) jy vat dalk 20 sekondes op 'n foto, 1000 fotos is 500 minute , = +- 8 -12 ure (meestal naweek ure)

Ja, dit is 'n "duur" storie as dit 'n besigheid is, want 'n besigheid moet ook meer as een fotograaf gebruik, 1 x Finish, dak 3 iewers agter 'n bos of langs die teerpad.

Die groot probleem, is dat jy 'n kamera kan instel en enige ou kry om die knoppie heeldag te sit en druk, daardie ou hoef nie eers te weet hoe 'n kamera werk, druk die knoppie, maar touch niks anders, dit is hoekom die foto's geen "magic" het. Dis is hoekom jy soveel foto's sien van spelers , atlete etc, waar 'n arm , hand , voet of gedeelte kop missing is in die pic, dis mik en druk foto's.

Dit is hoekom jy meer value kry van daardie "Weekend Warriors" want hulle gaan uit om mooi fotos te neem en hulle is die fotograwe wat probeer leer met elke event, of hulle betaal word of nie. Want dit is waar Passion inkom en wys in die foto's.

So, as julle gratis Sport Foto's wil sien van ons SA sport sterre, gaan kyk gerus op my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BrakkiesSportFotos/?ref=bookmarks

Edited by Brakkies Sport Fotos