Trail Z officially opened at Hoogekraal?

billygoat0523

well he was answered in post 2, 3, 5 & 6 then he still proceeded to beat the horse...dead.

was trying to explain myself better.  and since more info about test rides etc was given later, i wanted some clarification on exactly what that meant and how many people that included.  thank you for your feedback though.  

i shall be concise the next time.

or shouldn't i have made things clear for myself?

... or are you on the leaderboard, and not supposed to be there?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry billygoat most understand your post and reason for clarity on this. You see sometimes the Tyger crew will choose to name and shame rouge riders with threads that go on for days, and call for banning riders who do - but alas not on this occasion.

was trying to explain myself better. and since more info about test rides etc was given later, i wanted some clarification on exactly what that meant and how many people that included. thank you for your feedback though.

No worries, goatman. I really want to ride that trail! I've missed out on 2 test rides myself due to prior commitments. It's apparently fknamazing

I can see the Goats concern here, and cannot understand the reason for the antagonism towards him.

He saw riders  (as he said, a lot) using a trail that is not officially opened yet, and wanted to get clarification on it. One or two posters answered him directly and sincerely, some did not.

Come on guys, don't be prats......  :whistling:  I'm sure that, like me, he is itching to go and ride this trail, and can't wait to go and scratch that itch.

was trying to explain myself better.  and since more info about test rides etc was given later, i wanted some clarification on exactly what that meant and how many people that included.  thank you for your feedback though.  

you dont even have to look that hard right here on thebikehub to know i'm not on the leaderboard or ever ridden it. Have a great day  :thumbup:

Edited by milky4130

well he was answered in post 2, 3, 5 & 6 then he still proceeded to beat the horse...dead.

To the OP the Trails are a privilege not a right even if we pay a club membership fee. We can lose it all in a blink of an eye. Nobody tells you who you are allowed to enter your home\property? So the same applies here with Trail Z.

The posters in 2, 3, 5 and 6 speculated!!

I have not seen any confirmation from any official channel that those riders were test riders or builders or maybe Die Muishond!!

OP asked a valid question!

Until those riders' actions have been authorised by the Club, they are rogue riders (when is it Friday)

Until those riders' actions have been authorised by the Club, they are rogue riders (when is it Friday)

Sadly it reflects the attitude of many TBMTBC members that you are guilty until proven innocent. I guess I better load snapscan and use it when I decide to do Hoogekraal again, as no one will believe you if you say you've put money in the honesty box before the ride.

Really? so the Club supersedes the landowner? One word for you Kliprug

Its simple if you look at the Strava segments posted.

Bobby Behan did a ride on 1 September (99% sure he was part of the build team)

10 September - Rob Griffin and some other club stalwarts did a test ride

14 September - Looks like a contingent that was invited by the club.

If times were scattered throughout the month it may have indicated that some took the liberty to do unofficial test rides, but by simply looking at the data presented you can come to a reasonable conclusion.

Edit: The only outlier here is Jacques Venter on 13 September. The rest all seem legit.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

Sadly it reflects the attitude of many TBMTBC members that you are guilty until proven innocent. I guess I better load snapscan and use it when I decide to do Hoogekraal again, as no one will believe you if you say you've put money in the honesty box before the ride.

must say I'm one of those okes who will believe you :)

But anyway. It may be rogue riders, it may be people invited. The point is that unless you are invited as part of the test crew, you shouldn't be riding it. 

must say I'm one of those okes who will believe you :)

But anyway. It may be rogue riders, it may be people invited. The point is that unless you are invited as part of the test crew, you shouldn't be riding it. 

So glad we have you to quote chapter and verse on the legalities Myles... 

Basically I agree with GLuvs - and add that in my opinion there is a bit of a *** attitude displayed by some TMBC members. Like the oke who wanted to race me because I had a trail bike and even more so because it was a Spaz :-)

So glad we have the option  to ride Hoogies and all, but its even better to have JH, where there are no bad vibes and never any Hub gossip  threads about who did what  and how evil they are - complete with pics of the perps like a tabloid newspaper article...

The point is that unless you are invited as part of the test crew, you shouldn't be riding it. 

I am lost. Why are we continuously hammering this point when neither the OP nor anyone else have suggested that it is ok to ride that section without permission?  :wacko:

OP simply wanted to know what the riders were doing on a supposed closed trail.

Edit: The only outlier here is Jacques Venter on 13 September. The rest all seem legit.

Before TBMTB lynch mob string up poor Jacques - he tagged Bennet in his ride...

I am lost. Why are we continuously hammering this point when neither the OP nor anyone else have suggested that it is ok to ride that section without permission?  :wacko:

OP simply wanted to know what the riders were doing on a supposed closed trail.

Before TBMTB lynch mob string up poor Jacques - he tagged Bennet in his ride...

Sorry if it appears that I'm trying to hammer the point home - really not my intention.

The way I read the OP was that he was asking if it was open and if not why were people there. I attempted to explain that there were some organised test rides, but other than that no entry. 

From the Strava entries it seems as if the times were all done when the invites were out. I can confirm that one of these organised test rides was on the 10th. Another happened mid week with Bennet Nel. 

Bobby Behan is Mr Spez, and definitely would have been part of a small test run, probably with Patrick. 

So from the evidence presented, these were not rogue riders at all. 

Again - sorry if it seems as if I'm hammering a point home. I'm really not trying to. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

So glad we have you to quote chapter and verse on the legalities Myles... 

Basically I agree with GLuvs - and add that in my opinion there is a bit of a *** attitude displayed by some TMBC members. Like the oke who wanted to race me because I had a trail bike and even more so because it was a Spaz :-)

So glad we have the option  to ride Hoogies and all, but its even better to have JH, where there are no bad vibes and never any Hub gossip  threads about who did what  and how evil they are - complete with pics of the perps like a tabloid newspaper article...

Agreed totally. 

It costs nothing to be courteous. I know I'm guilty of being completely the opposite at times, but I'm working on that. 

So from the evidence presented, these were not rogue riders at all. 

I would bet my house that there are okes out there who are sneaking in rides on the new trail.

What surprise me though is that they are now clever enough to not post it on Strava... 

I would bet my house that there are okes out there who are sneaking in rides on the new trail.

What surprise me though is that they are now clever enough to not post it on Strava...

alright spit it out, who are they, pm me their names [emoji11][emoji41]