Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check netwerk24.co.za later this week for the facts of the incident.

I can't find it. Please post a link  to the article.

I can't find it. Please post a link  to the article.

...it's not 'later this week' ...yet...at least this side of the universe...

I wouldn't use "Netwerk24" and the word "facts" in the same sentence ;)

...it's not 'later this week' ...yet...at least this side of the universe...

I wouldn't use "Netwerk24" and the word "facts" in the same sentence ;)

You obviously have first hand experience, probably as a seasoned journo...?

Here is the story from what I assume is a friend the resident assulted:

This excuse of a man physically and verbally attacked one of our residents in the Cradle of Humankind this morning. He punched her, pulled her hair and hit her so hard that she had to go for X rays. He also also attacked her husband who arrived in the scene a bit later. THIS is why we loathe the road cyclists in our area. It seems that the minute they don the skin tight, ball crushing "outfits" they feel like they are the kings of the world. At the moment these morons are out of control. If anyone can identify this cowardly piece of crap, please contact the Muldersdrift Police or myself. This HAS TO STOP!!!

Also:

Apparently Sam was on her way to the Rhino Park to walk and this guy swerved in front of her car. She slammed on breaks as there was an oncoming car, and hooted at him, telling him to be careful that he doesnt kill himself. he then went to her car, pulled her out by her hair and started beating her and uppercutting her, punching her in the face. Numerous cyclists, (female cyclists who witnessed this) stopped and tried to pull him off her, but he was like a demented animal. Some guys eventually pulled him off her and he jumped on his bike and drove off. He was later found at one of the restaurants in the area and confronted, whereby he threw a hot cup of coffee in Gavin's face and proceeded to hit him with the glass cup. This is just not on. We dont want this guy, or any like him in our area. We opened up the area so that everyone could enjoy equally. If people dont want to play by the rules then they cannot come here.

Source: www.facebook.com/shelbewhere1/posts/305317686493668

Edited by GaryvdM

Here is the story from what I assume is a friend the resident assulted:

Also:

Source: www.facebook.com/shelbewhere1/posts/305317686493668

Sjoe, not good.

Those of you on Facebook, perhaps go and post that we as a community are actually trying to make cycling in Cradle better.

It might also show the residents that most of us do consider them and that we want a symbiotic relationship with them.

Edited by Patchelicious

The bit quoted:

"We don't want this guy, or any like him in our area."

No generalising, but rather referring to people that have little or no self-control, rather than "cyclists".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the one side of this story it sounds very bad. Not unrealistic though.

I once witnessed a guy go apesh@# at a car guard and physically tried to entice a physical reaction by screaming in his face and shoving him after the car guard told him he can't reverse because it is a one-way section of the parking area and there are other cars behind him. Broad daylight, 20 odd people looking on and this guy went ballistic. I'm convinced it was a definite case of roid-rage that day, he definitely had that orange skintone of people that "juice"(as Jonathan put it)

My point is, this could actually have happened exactly as GaryvdM has described it, people are genuinely that wacko.

I wish we could get the version of the the perp, would love to hear him try so spin it, I think Mac Maharaj couldn't spin his way out of this one by the sounds of things.

Let the law run its course, this guy needs to be punished if events are proven to have been as described above.

One can almost expect violence in Hout Bay with the vrot smell at the bottom of the hill, but this is supposed to be the Cradle where it all started... Once again social media is buzzing without the third side to the story. I thought I was highly strung at times...

Sounds quite ROF out there and things might escalate further:

Quote:

This is NOT the first incident of an attack. I was attacked about a year ago. I can tell you now, the little **** came off second best and ran off with his little winky between his legs. Samantha Vigus was physically attacked, punched in the face, hair pulled and slapped around. Regardless of what anyone has to say, WE as residents and land owners in the area, as tax payers and as protectors of this area, have had enough and this **** is going to stop.

This puss of a cyclist needs to be taught a lesson or two.

Firstly he needs to be taught how to ride his Specialized in a straight line, then maybe a lesson or two in cycling fashion. After which he needs to learn that juicing has bad side effects and is considered unfair and cheating. He also needs to memorize and understand the phrase "Consideration for other road users" and learn how to apply it in everyday situations. Lastly he needs to fully understand that punching people and throwing stuff around is not acceptable behavior and if he continues to do so he may find that his next 'victim' is going to pull out a gun and put him away!