What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

I have one on my mountain bike and last week I fell pretty hard! There is a slight scuff but it held up far better than I thought. I was worried about that first and foremost but now that it's out the way i'm very chuffed!

The first steep climb I shifted my weight forward as one does and it was a real eye opener. Let's just say my saddle and I bonded a bit to much in that moment... since then a bit of a change in technique and it's been great! 

I can't wait for all those attachments to become available as you can run the saddle bag with a dropper post. Although then you have to have a saddle bag  :wacko:

just buy a bandit ...no bag. Fits a 29r tube,2 bombs ,lever,and plugs and attachment. Sorted .

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-33815-0-61954000-1479977262_thumb.jpgpost-33815-0-90197100-1479977286_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this helps ...but I set all mine up like this. With the phone in the same postion (just on the gap) and on the same part of my garage floor always coz it's level. -0.2 - -0.6 is perfect.

this was my setup process ... again, any advice or pointers welcome

attachicon.gifside view.jpgattachicon.giflevel 1.jpg

the front looks to high ...will feel like it's pushing in mmmmm. Instead of the weight on your sitbones. Just my personal experience is when the front piece is not level is uncomfortable .

White road bike with 2 tubes & 2 bombs & adapter & levers.

Dropper with 29' tube 2 bombs ,adapter & lever plus a plug in an adapter already .

Rigid post same above just wrapped in cling wrap.

Pse ignore saddle levels . Bikes parked on stands

post-51529-0-85756700-1479977788_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-40315500-1479977947_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-00750500-1479977959_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

The prescribed setup from specialized is to set up the nose level. This will then cause the tail to be angled which is the way it was designed.

100% that's why I use the app on my phone to get it there or near as dammit ,because other levels are 2 long and not accurate enough .

100% that's why I use the app on my phone to get it there or near as dammit ,because other levels are 2 long and not accurate enough .

Thats how I did mine as well

attachicon.gifside view.jpgattachicon.giflevel 1.jpg

I only have mine on my DS MTB. Took it for a proper set up with one of Jozi's most well renowned bike fitters. The nose is tilted slightly downwards because of the dual suss.

On a road bike or hard tail, the downward tilt at the front of the saddle would be closer to level.

Went for my measurement this morning (155) but they said they don't give out test saddles.

They guy said that they've lost too many saddles. They are quite confident that you will buy it in any case. They didn't had any comebacks yet and looking at the reviews here, I'm confident to take the plunge.

Will see if it is at a better price tomorrow.

I should start a loan/ test service ???????????????? 143/155

The new colours are cool. I want one green/yellow one ????

post-51529-0-87203000-1479981359_thumb.png

Edited by Pikey

Never really had a love or any feeling towards saddles until I got a Fizik Arione. Never thought I would ever change saddles.

But the bike I just bought comes with the Power and reading this thread has put my mind at ease. May report back here after I have ridden it after finding time to slip in a bike setup, just been really busy.

Looking forward

I should start a loan/ test service 143/155

The new colours are cool. I want one green/yellow one

They are proper beautiful. The red would match my bike amazingly. Unfortunately mine came with a black one.

But luckile nobody sees the saddle when they come flying past me :)

They are proper beautiful. The red would match my bike amazingly. Unfortunately mine came with a black one.

But luckile nobody sees the saddle when they come flying past me :)

just ordered mine- If this saddle doesn't make me flying past everyone else, I'm taking it back :clap:

just ordered mine- If this saddle doesn't make me flying past everyone else, I'm taking it back :clap:

aaahhh that's my problem I need the red one ????