What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

There is an ad in the clasifieds for a 155mm Power Pro at a very good price (unused). I was going to take it until some unfortunate expenses came up... PM me if you want the contact details of the guy selling it.

I only see two in the classifieds - Pikey's one which is listed as sold and a 143 which isn't the right size.  Am I missing one?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ToxicD

Does anyone have a 155 Power Comp that they're not getting along with?  I really want one, but the Spez shops are out of stock...

I bought a Power Comp Tuesday from them in 155. They might have another one.

West Rand Cycles

29 Voortrekker Road
Mindalore North
West Rand, 1731
Africa

Also when I was phoning around I could get the Power Pro in 155 from this shop

Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch
Cnr. The High Street & Whiteley Road
Melrose Arch
Johannesburg, Gauteng 2076
Africa
086 179 6757

Gl in finding one

Edit: Only saw now you from WC. Maybe ask if they can ship for you

I only see two in the classifieds - Pikey's one which is listed as sold and a 143 which isn't the right size.  Am I missing one?

Stellenbosch has a black Expert for you in 155mm. Speak to Craig there if you're keen.

OK, so I have always had some discomfort with which ever saddle I have ridden and I have been through plenty brands. The one that always suited me best was the WTB range which has a "whale tail" flare at the back of the saddle which is similar in concept to the Power Saddle.

So yesterday I got my hands on a power test saddle (143mm) after a measurement check to make sure its the right width.

1st Impressions: Immediately the saddle has a different feel to it. It seems like you are sitting "in" the saddle instead of on it. This morning I took it for a 2.5 hour ride. As with any new saddle you need to adjust to the new pressure points and within 20 minutes the saddle was invisible, no discomfort at all, quite a weird feeling in fact. However around 2 hours into the ride there was a little more discomfort from a burning sensation, but nothing really uncomfortable. Again I will put this down to new saddle / position. The other thing I noticed was a little bit of pins and needles in my left hand which is unusual. Tomorrow it will move over to my road bike for a 2-3 hour ride and lets see what the verdict is.

I have a feeling that this saddle will be incredible if you add a proper bike fit when you buy it. I have a suspicion that to get the most out of it, it needs the perfect setup.

Well, I am pretty excited about it and will see how it goes after a few more hours this weekend.

First, it's good. Second, it looks wider than it is thanks to the stubby design. Besides it is available in 3 different widths to fit your sit bones. Go try one out and let us know how it goes.

If it helps I've done a review on one earlier this year. Link to it HERE. Since then I have replaced the saddles on both my usual rides with Power saddles. It has just about ruined me for any other saddle!

It really works. I had this seat (155mm) wide and it was fantastic, that is until they stole my Scott Spark 940 in Worcester on 31/12/2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, only saw your reply now. Must've been taken down or sold...

@dirtypot & Grease_Monkey.....if it was the saddle advertised by a "Giorgio", he rolled the sale over to me after the initial deal never materialized......I enquired Tuesday morning and he confirmed the availability thereof Tuesday evening.

PS received the saddle today, which is in perfect condition

Not entirely happy with my Power Pro. When I start my ride it really feels awesome, but only for the first 30 minutes.

Every ride I adjust it a bit to find the perfect fit. during my last ride I experienced some pain/ numbness at the very top of my hammie, just beneath my bum, both sides.

Will move the saddle a bit back to see if it makes a difference. Any other suggestions perhaps?

It was set-up by Lynnwood Cyclery. Got great service from them btw. (as always)

I'll try it for another 3 or 4 rides and if there is no improvement will sell it here.

It's a black 155 Power Pro.

I'm still on the 155 (measured at 145) as there's no stock of 143s yet. I start going numb just below the jigglies after about 40 minutes. My seat is perfetly level, do I need to drop the nose?

Not entirely happy with my Power Pro. When I start my ride it really feels awesome, but only for the first 30 minutes.

Every ride I adjust it a bit to find the perfect fit. during my last ride I experienced some pain/ numbness at the very top of my hammie, just beneath my bum, both sides.

Will move the saddle a bit back to see if it makes a difference. Any other suggestions perhaps?

I'll try it for another 3 or 4 rides and if there is no improvement will sell it here.

Same thing happens to me! If you get it right, please let me know what you did. 

@dirtypot & Grease_Monkey.....if it was the saddle advertised by a "Giorgio", he rolled the sale over to me after the initial deal never materialized......I enquired Tuesday morning and he confirmed the availability thereof Tuesday evening.

PS received the saddle today, which is in perfect condition

That's the one! I was gonna take it but my ife had an unfortunate car accident (minor and she is okay), but first had to see what the damage was before I could fork out on a saddle. Luckily insurance is covering eveything!

Every ride I adjust it a bit to find the perfect fit. during my last ride I experienced some pain/ numbness at the very top of my hammie, just beneath my bum, both sides.

How much do you want to sell the seat for?

How much do you want to sell the seat for?

Dam you beat me to it. Was busy typing the same thing.

sorry man. I had one on my Scott Spark 940 that was stolen in Worcester on 31/12/2016. Simply an outstanding seat. I will buy one again with the replacement bike

Every ride I adjust it a bit to find the perfect fit. during my last ride I experienced some pain/ numbness at the very top of my hammie, just beneath my bum, both sides.

I had similar issues (pain/numbness at the top of hammie and also a little bit more to the inside of the leg where it meets the bum - if that makes sense). I also realized I move around on the saddle, and tend to pull myself forward...

So with the help of centurion cyclery I moved the saddle a lit bit forward with the nose a little bit down (used a bubble level app on my phone and put it basically in the cutout part of the saddle and set it that the Y axis is 1.0), and also moved a spacer or two down on the stem to position it a little bit higher (on my roadbike).

Don't know if any of this will help you, but just some ideas perhaps... let me know if the above is confusing and I will try to explain better [emoji12]

I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll auctioned it here, he he. :whistling:

I still want to try it properly and adjust the setting slightly and see if I can Find a perfect fit. I was quite happy with the saddle I had- Sella Italia- but thought since I'm a Spez fan and the saddle got such good reviews that I should give it a try. (I'm riding a S-Works Venge and a spez saddle will just go better with it)

I wanted a lone saddle to try it out first but the store didn't gave it out any more since people didn't brought it back. They also said that they didn't had any complaints yet, but people that did find it uncomfortable though was sorted after a proper set-up. 

I had a proper set-up done when I bought it, but since then made some little tweaks. At first I kept sliding forward so I tilt the nose upwards a bit. I only had 3 short rides up to date, so I'll give it another 3 weeks and see how it goes. from this weekend it will be a 100 km+

Maybe the uncomfortableness might also be due to the fact that I'm not as saddle fit as I should be. Before the first ride I was off for about six weeks due to health issues and work pressure. Also couldn't ride this past weekend due to the rain.

As said previously, the very first impressions are really awesome. As someone also said here before, it feels as if you sit on nothing. I'll let you guys know probably early Feb.

Archived