Commuting Backpacks

Caerus

bit battered and bruised, but my kidney are is flipping sore.

runner was just slightly clipped and no issues there, not sure RE the rider ... he left while I was still putting my chain on .... guy was not even wearing a helmet, but he had decent kit on and what looked like a nice roadie bike.

Definitely STOLEN... or he found it all in a bush near the mountain.

Who rides without a helmet?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely STOLEN... or he found it all in a bush near the mountain.

Who rides without a helmet?!

Nah, the bro was legit ..... could be one of those days the guy only realised when he was out already on the way to work that he forgot his helmet, would not be the first commuter to do this when rushing out the house or office.

He is an idiot for the way he acted/cycled, but he was really apologetic, and you could see it was sincere.  

Nah, the bro was legit ..... could be one of those days the guy only realised when he was out already on the way to work that he forgot his helmet, would not be the first commuter to do this when rushing out the house or office.

He is an idiot for the way he acted/cycled, but he was really apologetic, and you could see it was sincere.  

Sorry, I was jesting.  :mellow:

Been Using the K-Way Meru for a good many years now. The overall pack is really solid, has a mesh back that is raised off the pack, so it breathes well, a decent storage capacity, concealed rain cover and just works.

My current one is about 5 years old now and was looking a bit worn, yet still fully functional ... but they no longer make the Meru, instead they have replaced it with the Denali. Similar in design, just with better/additional features.

These are on sale at the moment at Cape Union Mart till the 23rd .. .marked down from R1199.00 to R600.00.

Now this morning a chop caused an accident in front of me by passing our group on the right hand cycle lane and then clipping a runner ... and then falling in front of and into me.

My Meru took the brunt of the force on the tar and has a couple of scuffs on it. Given it's age and the fact that it is used daily on my commute, the bag did very will RE the rip stop fabric.

Any way .... that was the last straw, was going to go pick up the new Denali this evening after work, but my #BestWifeEver went out this morning to buy the pack for me, and I am looking forward to another good 5 years at least on another K-Way back pack.

https://www.capeunionmart.co.za/k-way-denali-19#

Kway have changed the material their backpacks are made of.Much lighter and flimsy in my opinion.I need a new 75L and decided against their pack which is unfortunate because the alternative options are much more expensive.I have a 40L I bought jonks ago that is indestructible and comfy as well for technical day hikes and climbs

Kway have changed the material their backpacks are made of.Much lighter and flimsy in my opinion.I need a new 75L and decided against their pack which is unfortunate because the alternative options are much more expensive.I have a 40L I bought jonks ago that is indestructible and comfy as well for technical day hikes and climbs

will let you know in a couple of months

I have one of these, bough it 2nd-hand from a hubber about 2 years ago .... awesome awesome backpack ... been through a lot, can fit a 15" laptop on a squeez too. Material, zips, buckles and seams all still working as it should. :thumbup:

Fits nice and tight without laying on your neck and shoulders. Shoulder strap mechanism works similar to a hiking backpack's - thus when set up correctly the bag just sits on your hips but don't sway around on your back either.

Evoc FR Enduro 16L  :P  ;)

mine is an awesome lumo yellow and green :D

post-20017-0-79614500-1579860395_thumb.png

Jerome are you planning on eloping with that bag, or collecting a KFC bukkit on your way home???

Jerome are you planning on eloping with that bag, or collecting a KFC bukkit on your way home???

bag needs to be big and strong.... Transported whole bikes home that would be split up and fastened to the back pack and taken home on multiple trips.... True Story

bag needs to be big and strong.... Transported whole bikes home that would be split up and fastened to the back pack and taken home on multiple trips.... True Story

Was my old Kona frame one of them??

There's a cargo bike for sale at WCW - Backpacks pfffft :whistling:

My experience with waterproofing backpacks: Don't bother with it. Water proofing a bag from the outside is a waste of time. It is not going to be reliable or last, or both, if it really rains.

Instead just use a strong plastic bag (trash compactor bags are cheap and good) or waterproof bag with a roll-top INSIDE your back pack, for all the things that must not get wet. Cheap and 100% working solution for any backpack. Bonus is you also have much easier access to your tool pouch or keys in your exterior pockets of the backpack.

Happy commuting! :)

My experience with waterproofing backpacks: Don't bother with it. Water proofing a bag from the outside is a waste of time. It is not going to be reliable or last, or both, if it really rains.

Instead just use a strong plastic bag (trash compactor bags are cheap and good) or waterproof bag with a roll-top INSIDE your back pack, for all the things that must not get wet. Cheap and 100% working solution for any backpack. Bonus is you also have much easier access to your tool pouch or keys in your exterior pockets of the backpack.

Happy commuting! :)

Agreed on the roll top dry bag. It is 100% waterproof and stays like that.

All the discussion about backpacks ! I better go and wash mine before I take a pic of my K Way .Nice thing about them, if they need repairs, Cape Union Mart did repairs free of charge 

I got my hands on a Boundary Prima System and it has been great. The bag is heavy but doesn't feel it when on the back. With a 15" Mac Book Pro and iPad Pro safely stored in the back I'm not concerned about damage incase of a fall. The bag is solid! 

I got my hands on a Boundary Prima System and it has been great. The bag is heavy but doesn't feel it when on the back. With a 15" Mac Book Pro and iPad Pro safely stored in the back I'm not concerned about damage incase of a fall. The bag is solid!

Very nice

Never seen this before