The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

Remembering the "Jose "Pepe" Perez Memorial Race" held annually in October in Barbastro, a town about 50km south of where we live.

Jose was a policeman who was sadly killed on duty. 

I raced this in 2018 and loved it. Hoping it will be on again this year. The race was well organized and had a great atmosphere. 

20181007-5.jpg

Memorial Jose Perez Pepe - Poster.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year we get a week or so of crazy hot weather in August. I mean August is always nice and hot, but a week or so of temps exceeding 40 degrees.

This year has been no exception and over the last few days we’ve topped out at 41 and 42 degrees several times. When it’s that hot you struggle to do anything, even thinking straight is hard! Like everyone, we do the best we can under the circumstances. Drop the outside blinds to keep the sun out of the flat during the day, drink plenty and swim in the river in the evening to try and cool our body cores down! Sleeping is hard, just sitting still is hard. I’m glad I finish work at 2:30 every day, because the afternoons are just too hot to work in unless you’re in somewhere with aircon!

Yesterday the temps dropped a few degrees and today they should drop a few more. We’ll have 30 as a max instead of 40 – which will be lovely. I’m looking forward to getting on the bike again after a week off.

Thankfully we did have a cracking thunderstorm in the middle of the very hot spell and that settled the dust for a day or so.

Let’s see how the next week goes . . . .

• 1 month later...
"We all have that one friend who becomes a stuntman on a ride . . . "

Just found this "video still" on my hard drive whilst having a tidy up. I can confirm that no Americans were harmed during the making of this video....

20190618-5.jpg

Each time I look at her riding I go cold ... "Why is she riding into oncoming traffic?"

And then I remember where you are .... :)

Enjoy your bit of family time.

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Each time I look at her riding I go cold ... "Why is she riding into oncoming traffic?"

And then I remember where you are .... :)

Enjoy your bit of family time.

It takes a while to get used to driving and riding "on the other side of the road". 

It also takes a while to stop walking to the wrong side of the car when going out. Driving "the wrong way" around roundabouts feels crazy and having the gearstick down at your right instead of down at your left is outright awkward!  You do get used to it though - then when you try to revert, on a trip back to the UK for instance, it's awkward all over again! 

8 minutes ago, Bonus said:

It takes a while to get used to driving and riding "on the other side of the road". 

It also takes a while to stop walking to the wrong side of the car when going out. Driving "the wrong way" around roundabouts feels crazy and having the gearstick down at your right instead of down at your left is outright awkward!  You do get used to it though - then when you try to revert, on a trip back to the UK for instance, it's awkward all over again! 

One of the reasons why we bought automatics......I still reach for my seat belt on the wrong side, as if I was driving a RH drive car

Nice to see someone has sunshine, we have well and truly moved into fog season on planet Zug 

Yesterday we swapped our Road Riding lycra for Baggies & T-Shirts to go exploring on the nearly empty Mediano Dam.

A beautiful sunny day for a great ride with "Wendy" .... and now we know how to reach the dam wall by bike!

Hard to imagine we Kayaked through the windows at the top of the church tower back in the Spring when the dam was full! ????

s20211009-3 (2).jpg

s20211009-4 (2).jpg

s20211009-5.jpg

s20211009-7.jpg

s20211009-9 (2).jpg

s20211009-14 (2).jpg

s20211009-20 (2).jpg

Edited by Bonus

Next Saturday (23rd October) the "Real Federacion Espanola Ciclismo" will be holding a round of the "Copa de Espana - Pump Track 2021" at the Ainsa Pump Track. 

Our track hasn't been open long so this is a first for us here at Zona Zero and the Zona Zero team will be there to help out - much like we did for the Endure World Series back in 2018.

I'm looking forward to it and to seeing how the Pro's handle the course! 

Cup1.jpg

Riding Zona Zero Route ZZ-019 with my friends Mark & Adele from the Isle of Skye on Saturday.

It was a beautiful day and the route itself, whilst still tricky in places, has matured nicely with use over the last few years. Lots of nice fast singletrack and some amazing views! A really good technical XC route.

20211016-1.jpg

20211016-4.jpg

Todays Road Ride with my friends Fermin and Alejo in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

A great ride, hard work but lots of laughs too - as always.

Beautiful weather, well maintained roads with little traffic and Zona Zero information signs en-route to measure our progress!
A great day out ????

20211022_111413s.jpg

20211022_111754s.jpg

20211022_113454s.jpg

20211022_115511a.jpg

20211022_121936s.jpg

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, lukecamtyler said:

hey man I think you will doo 100000x better if you shaved your legs, #protips ;)

I guess I'm a hairy legged mountain biker at heart - which is understandable since we live in the heart of "Zona Zero" country.... But then the roads here are so well maintained and so quiet that it would be a crime not to go out on a nice long training ride at least once a week ! 

🙂