Ironman 2017 - PE

IceCreamMan

Was not going to do another but now changing my mind. Still training as much as ever so may as well have some goals.

Sure hope the bike course remains as per 2016. The course was much more conducive for us heavier ous and also far more enjoyable I thought. Looking forward to the crowds of PE making my misery a little less :)

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm giving this a miss in 2017... Decided to do the Addo 100 miler in March, 2 oceans in April and the main event of the year Expedition Africa in May.

Too many 'must do' events on the calendar all so close together!

I have entered. It will be my first. I never thought I'd want to do a full but I am so sucked in now I thought I'd give it a go.

Ai tog, ja I also entered again.... sigh.... you just cant stop once you started doing it. And this is coming from a mtbiker!

• 2 weeks later...

post-58227-0-46829400-1479910147_thumb.jpg

Some inspiration, I sommer get all emo when I think of IM. Only about 16 weeks of training left to taper time. Kinda scary how time flies

• 3 weeks later...

Did my first brick session since June on Saturday, 103kms cycle follows by just a 3km run.... legs definitely felt it... need to get back into regular brick fun  :blink:

Did my first brick session since June on Saturday, 103kms cycle follows by just a 3km run.... legs definitely felt it... need to get back into regular brick fun  :blink:

I seldom do brick sessions. now an again I might run to gym, do a spin session and run home and that's it... too damn lazy to run after cycling :)

I am about 30% in, if bonus comes through strong and the stars align by end of jan I will commit.

At this stage the usual training is happening though...

Archived