Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Sauser and kulharvi put the hammer down while Shurter had to wait for his partner..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a chat with a guy who said that Joel indeed went off the drop off at speed instead of rolling it, landed on his front wheel and then ploughed into the ground. From 3m,that will do it.

i now reckon there are some hubbers that needs to apologise to another hubber :blush:

Sauser and kulharvi put the hammer down while Shurter had to wait for his partner..

Mmmm will they pull A gap...

i now reckon there are some hubbers that needs to apologise to another hubber :blush:

Ag, Myles is a big boy. And he can also take care of himself.

That's a valid point.  SA riders are SUPER strong and fit but [generalisation alert] not as strong when it comes to skills.

We simply do not have the focus on skills at junior level like the Euros do, preferring to "train harder".

My one riding mate kicks my butt on tar...but, as soon as it gets even slightly technical on the mtb, i have to wait for him.  This seems to be the case for  [generalisation alert] many strong, experienced, superfit riders in SA.

Somebody should tell the Pyga Africa Team guys this then? Saw them chatting about this before the race and they said there's no difference in skill at the sharp end of the Epic, it's more general experience of racing at that level which we lack.

Experience gathered as Juniors I reckon.

Mmmm will they pull A gap...

Took the time to stop at the water point , everyone else just rode through 

we'll see if it bites them in the ass

You are being bloody disrespectful to people that have spent months preparing for this. Physically, mentally as well as technically.As usual, you are TALKING a big game.

Long day of klippies 'n coke there in the Vrystaat, Vettes? That you (and the rest of the 40 somethings on this thread) can throw such a hissy fit because you think Myles is trashing your adolescent rugby hero?

Look on the bright side. Perhaps you can now stop by at the hospital and ask oom Stranners, with tears in your eyes, to sign your rugga bol. :thumbup:

Long day of klippies 'n coke there in the Vrystaat, Vettes? That you (and the rest of the 40 somethings on this thread) can throw such a hissy fit because you think Myles is trashing your adolescent rugby hero?

Look on the bright side. Perhaps you can now stop by at the hospital and ask oom Stranners, with tears in your eyes, to sign your rugga bol. :thumbup:

:D  :D

Somebody should tell the Pyga Africa Team guys this then? Saw them chatting about this before the race and they said there's no difference in skill at the sharp end of the Epic, it's more general experience of racing at that level which we lack.

Experience gathered as Juniors I reckon.

The quality of competition at junior level in SA is not the same as in Europe..esp not Switzerland.. a lot of development in Switzerland.

where are the bulls

No idea.. I lost streaming so didn't see what happened seems Platt is suffering (if the commentators are correct)

where are the bulls

I really don't hope they ride like their name counterparts in PTA play rugby.... Slow and Old style.

Topeak stil in the race or on a plain back to Austria?

My boytjies cannondale doing well. So happy to see

I still reckon that with the right partner Schurter will kill this race year on year

Topeak stil in the race or on a plain back to Austria?

My boytjies cannondale doing well. So happy to see

I still reckon that with the right partner Schurter will kill this race year on year

That is his plan for next year.. this year is kind of like a dry run with this partner.[emoji106]

No offense to the male riders.. but the first year we have a great ladies race and I have yet to see pictures of them[emoji35]

Archived