94.7 MTB 55 km Route

Guest CraigTaylorZA

With all this rain and the way the forecast is going - I think we in for some really epic,  sublime riding! See you all there!  :clap:

For those of us (me) whose technical abilities aren't as good as they should be, the definition of "epic" and "sublime" changes slightly. :whistling:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys , not sure if this is the right place but I'm looking for a 55km entry , 

Its for a friend of mine who thought he entered but didn't .......

Thanx 

Gerhard

Hi Guys , not sure if this is the right place but I'm looking for a 55km entry ,

Its for a friend of mine who thought he entered but didn't .......

Thanx

Gerhard

When I collected my number yesterday they still had late entries available at an increased price.

When I collected my number yesterday they still had late entries available at an increased price.

Thanx , going today . 

Did the 55 kms. I think everything was a blast. Started in A3 (07:30) and only had one small traffic jam at the first muddy spot - entirely my fault as I was the last starter across the line...

Parking was a breeze, directions and water points good, so a good morning ride.

Yes - the trail is easy - no technical stuff, some fair single track and a bit of mud and water for the looks. I don't understand the moaners???

Would do again.

My first 94.7 MTB and hats off to the organisers, started 7,15 and also only had one wait at the first muddy bit, otherwise flawless from parking to the route to the marshals. Given all the rain the route was really not too muddy at all, rather nicely compacted. Had had enough by the 50km mark and didn't need that last Pain City climb, but such is life....will be back next weekend for more suffering on the road. 

ps: my inner grammar Nazi couldn't deal with the two signs with "get's" written on them. Shudder.

Did the 55 kms. I think everything was a blast. Started in A3 (07:30) and only had one small traffic jam at the first muddy spot - entirely my fault as I was the last starter across the line...

Parking was a breeze, directions and water points good, so a good morning ride.

Yes - the trail is easy - no technical stuff, some fair single track and a bit of mud and water for the looks. I don't understand the moaners???

Would do again.

Agreed. Had a blast.

Enough beer at the end so don't know what on earth people could have moaned about...?

Haven't done this for a few years and like the new route.

It seems the last 5 km was a killer. Past about 30 guys in the last strecth. No happy faces in that last strecth. Lot of moaning. Start A3 at 7.30.

Agreed. Very back-heavy route. Was regretting the decision to ride to the race going through Pain City. Still had 20km home after the finish to ponder

We organised, and marked - well done to the organisers. Fun day out

Super disappointed, started in A1. Super amped and race faced, 5Km in huge side wall cut. Race over...,super bleek still! :thumbdown:  Glad you all enjoyed. Next year its on!

Pain City was an interesting variation on how to see the same hill from three different angles! Nice flowing route - would love to have said fast but I was just wasn't on A game form for some reason. Well done organisers - after the rains they had some serious work to sort the track out as well as they did. Now to learn some road etiquette before next Sunday, don't want to piss the roadies off too much!!

Started in A4 yesterday, a few queues right at the beginning, but didn't have to wait too long. The last time I did this race was in 2014, and I can't remember it being such a sufferfest at the end, cramped on the right at the end of the loooooooong climb. 

Will definitely try and be back next year. Race organisers did a great job.

Started A2 @ 7:15 - Still cant believe what some people walk... anyway I did not think the route was extremely technical at all and enjoyed it as it did have some mild skill requirements.

I paced and raced with as many guys as I could but being late and getting in the batch 30sec before the start did not help and that meant I was starting right at the back having . Tried saving some matches for pain city where it felt as if all the air had been sucked out - it was hot, dry and there was not a single breeze...

Was a well executed event. Thumbs up to the organizers. I do think that the finish line traps needs to be a bit further before the water and medals etc.

Simply hat off, considering the number of people to accommodate into the venue and then on the route, considering the weather the last week.

Only on bottle sex, that muddy section, but thats also because people don't look, if you see a bottle neck, slow down, give the guy in front of you chance to clear it, then you ride it, implying others behind you can also ride it, if you just go and bottle up behind the guy walking the next guy ends up having to do the same.

As for pain city and last climb, or make that the last 3, Metal bridge and climb after, climb next to city wall, and then the climbing towards the end, not bad, but then i was riding with a slower group so had matches left.

Definitely be back next year.

G