The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received news Anton fell 30 kms into the race and fractured bones in his foot, can't pedal anymore and is on his way to Vanderkloof dam in the ambulance. Picking him up in the morning.

that really sucks!

Got 2 mates still hanging in there 20 and 37th as of this morning... still routing for both of them and tracking both, strategy today will play a big part as will be a very long day in the saddle!

Just received news Anton fell 30 kms into the race and fractured bones in his foot, can't pedal anymore and is on his way to Vanderkloof dam in the ambulance. Picking him up in the morning.

Aah that is such bad luck.

All that prep.. shame man.. hope he heals up fast.

Any other video round ups.. Media summaries? Seems like a lot of backup on route, bit no real news reporting?

Yesterday was gail force head winds.all riders well slower than last year..brutal.and 45deg constant temperature

True hey. Amazing how the situation changes constantly. A 2 hour lead wiped out by somebody catching some shut eye. So many factors to take into consideration.

Very true.

In this type race, between comparable participants, 

Time puts you further ahead than speed. 

Any other video round ups.. Media summaries? Seems like a lot of backup on route, bit no real news reporting?

The Munga Facebook page is giving a fair number of updates and pics.

They say that the wind is pumping already. (That was an hour ago)

crap one for sure. I checked his FB post this morning, real bummer.

I just checked the tracker and saw him scratched so came here in a panic to find updates.

Im really sad for him, I was cheering for him. 

The show must go on I guess.

Just saw this thread now and was working my way through it.... did not know Anton was doing it.

I wanted to wish him all the best now sadly it's to late.

Very sorry to hear this and I hope his injuries heal quickly ????

Good luck to all the competitors

Just saw this thread now and was working my way through it.... did not know Anton was doing it.

I wanted to wish him all the best now sadly it's to late.

Very sorry to hear this and I hope his injuries heal quickly ????

Good luck to all the competitors

Following this race is somewhat addictive....also nice pcs on fb.  Good luck to riders for today.

Archived