PPA Seeding: effect on CTCT

daniemare

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this race in Q one year and still managed 31 average.  There are always people in every group who will have the ability to go faster than the rest of the bunch.  Find them and go!

Thanks dirtypot,

Yes I know, but she can't stick to them.  Her problem is that the 23/24 average people starting in the back of the field can't or don't want to ride in groups. Thus there is no help from one another. She always wonder why there will be an individual rider every 20-30 metres going at the exact same speed as her but refuse to group up.

So I got my answer, I will help her get up to 25/26 km/h to get her seeding better.

Madone69, riding the CTCT with her and stopping for bar-ones is still on my to-do list, but so to a targeted time. I will do both, and one day with my son (I hope)

Thanks dirtypot,

Yes I know, but she can't stick to them.  Her problem is that the 23/24 average people starting in the back of the field can't or don't want to ride in groups. Thus there is no help from one another. She always wonder why there will be an individual rider every 20-30 metres going at the exact same speed as her but refuse to group up.

So I got my answer, I will help her get up to 25/26 km/h to get her seeding better.

Madone69, riding the CTCT with her and stopping for bar-ones is still on my to-do list, but so to a targeted time. I will do both, and one day with my son (I hope)

That's it, do you. Everyone has a goal, so go for it, having a chilled ride can be for other years. Hell, you can even get her to go for it with you one day, that's what i'm doing, just takes the right motivation. 

Hi guys and girls

I am aiming for a sub 3:30 CTCT and one thing was to get into a better seeding group.  I am satisfied that my current PPA seeding of G is good enough for this.

My seeding is based on the Durbie Dash 2016, plus I have a sub 3 hours 96km Bonnievale still to be taken into account. I am also aiming to do 947 in under 3 hours.

So with my prior year CTCT of 3:40 I think I will be in good stead.

My question is, if I do the Stellenbosch cycle tour much slower will this affect my seeding for the CTCT.  I want to help my wife a bit as she never has the luxury of group riding where she starts (S/T groups). An improvement in her seeding will also help her in the CTCT, especially for starting earlier. So I want to do a TT for her benefit. Also we have to ride a big race together at some point.

Thanks for the help

Ok,

My scenario was very similar to yours.. I focused on 1 event only, the SCT.. did it in 2:50 and that gave me PPA seeding I think of "I", that translated into a  1G seeding in CTCT and got 3:10 (and this was my first full argus) and also qualified for going around twice (which you HAVE todo at least once in you life) .

99ER and the rest will all get a penalty of 5 if this year seeding is anything to go by. 

All my other events was cycling with friends/family and helping them to get there seeding up or just going out and enjoying myself. 

So in summary, your best seeding is used (might get penality of 2) and if you in G group, you be fine for sub 3:30.  go enjoy your time with wifey!

Remember family/friends first, then work, then cycling :)

Edit: fix penalty amount

L:

Edited by Karman de Lange

Just smash the 99er in Feb, easy race and no penalty for old result.

Wait... so the 2016 99er will count without penalty for the 2017 CTCT? It currently carries a penalty for my PPA seeding so was wondering about that.

Wait... so the 2016 99er will count without penalty for the 2017 CTCT? It currently carries a penalty for my PPA seeding so was wondering about that.

The 2017 99er counts towards the 2017 Argus.

Always ensures that role in 1A. Not only counts, but counted for 100% of the seeding.

Yup, but if the result is on racetec it will be used.

Use it, don't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn something new every day :)

So what do you have to do to qualify for a 2nd lap?

I know you get invited or something?

I think your index needs to be below 23 last time I checked. But yes you get an email if you qualify.

Here example of CTCT seeding of mine

Yellow is official events (no penalty except for 99er of previous year which still have penalty)

Red circles is penalty for non official events

post-28252-0-20533900-1478701487_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

No, doing a slow one will not negatively affect your seeding, because only your best races will be used in calculating it. Having said that, I know someone who simply removes his chip during the race as he would rather have no result than for a slow time to forever be on his record. (He has other issues as well, being unable to smell the roses for instance.

Had a good laugh at that  :D​