what brand is titan

Johnny 55

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lets make MTB gr8 again" post="3013945" timestamp="14799823

yup, question on that is, who owns the hyperama section of Raleigh? they're still selling loads of those!

Edited by Eugene

I'm of the opinion that Titan bikes used to be great value for money & a much more comfortable ride than some more expensive bikes.

I had a 2013 Titan 29er Pro alu. It was spec'd with XT drivetrain, Reba fork & Arch EX wheels.

I rode it for about 2 years (doing races like Route 66 & Berg and Bush) and then built all the parts over to a Edge Carbon frame. If I'm honest, the Titan was a more comfortable ride and never gave me any issues at all.

The reason I say the Titans used to be great value for money is because the newer models are lower spec'd compared to the same models of a few years back.

Edited by Surprize

surprize, thanks. I see the newer ones comes out with slx etc, while the older 1 is fully xt. im still new in the mtbing so I think it was a good buy.

Actually I'd hate to tell you this, but that cheap Titan does exactly the same thing as your expensive Specialized.

Yoh, here it comes!!!

Actually I'd hate to tell you this, but that cheap Titan does exactly the same thing as your expensive Specialized.

So....Titan is made by Merida.....Merida owns 49% Shares in Specialized....Your Specialized is a glorified Titan bud  :w00t:

So....Titan is made by Merida.....Merida owns 49% Shares in Specialized....Your Specialized is a glorified Titan bud  :w00t:

Not sure this is true but a bit like Range Rover being a Tata, Porsche being a Beetle and a beetle being a dumbed down Bugatti! While driving  Fiat and A Ferrari is the same except for the name... :ph34r: