The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Pity he’s not doing De Ronde; instead he’s heading back to Eritrea.

Ja nee

He’s been away from home and family for 3 months, expressed in his post-race interview. That mere fact makes today’s achievement even more profound.

Many more races to come for this young man. 

3 wins out of 3 race for the very impressive rainbow jersey in Balsamo, including Gent’ after SD Worckx did everything to dominate and win.

That Trek’ team, I laaik them lots. Van Dijk is the super domestique that controls so much of the race dynamic.

Sagan not feeling himself and undergoing testing. Pidcock with tummy issues. Mathieu returning to the fold, Wout and Co looking a potent force. 

Gonna be good. And I’m away with work in Gautengeleng for 4 days. *sobs*

5AD46F7C-5649-48C9-A6E9-33D3A3298F40.jpeg

On 3/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, 'Dale said:

Ja nee

He’s been away from home and family for 3 months, expressed in his post-race interview. That mere fact makes today’s achievement even more profound.

what a weekend for the underdogs!!

This kid has been building up to this result. 12th, 5th and now the win!! Absolutely superb for African Cycling. Absolutely amazing. South Africa still lacking a win at a Classic.

37 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Sagan not feeling himself and undergoing testing. Pidcock with tummy issues. Mathieu returning to the fold, Wout and Co looking a potent force. 

Gonna be good. And I’m away with work in Gautengeleng for 4 days. *sobs*

5AD46F7C-5649-48C9-A6E9-33D3A3298F40.jpeg

Have you at least got an internet connection for Sunday?

16 hours ago, 'Dale said:

3 wins out of 3 race for the very impressive rainbow jersey in Balsamo, including Gent’ after SD Worckx did everything to dominate and win.

That Trek’ team, I laaik them lots. Van Dijk is the super domestique that controls so much of the race dynamic.

to hold off Vos and Kopecky will take a bit of doing which she did nicely

On 3/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, 'Dale said:

Ja nee

Real story is apparently a little different.

African riders can only get visas for 3 months at a time and his family not able to get a visa. Yes he misses his family, because they can't be there with him. 

my DDV pick is MVDP, perhaps wishful thinking, but there you go. Or perhaps that Mad(s) Trekkie will do a good thing again. I'm curious to see how Pog goes in a race like this without monster climbs. Perhaps he'll find a way to TT away and win. It may be his way to win again others that seem more suited to the terrain? one thing is for sure, I'll be using a VPN for non-work related matters in 24 hours or so

my outside pick, for RVV - Bettiol... again, while all the favourites watch each other... again. I realise this is like predicting Cape Town weather a week from now as we don't know what will happen tomorrow which may spanner our works royally.

They can only spend 90-days in a 6 month period. The UK riders have the same challenge, but can return to the UK when not racing, so their 90 days can be spent spread over the 180 days. Other non-Europeans have it a little harder.

58 minutes ago, jcza said:

Real story is apparently a little different.

African riders can only get visas for 3 months at a time and his family not able to get a visa. Yes he misses his family, because they can't be there with him. 

Yebo, this condition has been the 'glass ceiling' for so many of the South african 'privateers' that want to grab a handful of experience on the South African scene. Tough stuff, which makes Biniam Girmay's career arc quite impressive.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Yebo, this condition has been the 'glass ceiling' for so many of the South african 'privateers' that want to grab a handful of experience on the South African scene. Tough stuff, which makes Biniam Girmay's career arc quite impressive.

The team is claiming it isn't a visa issue - but rather a training block plan for the Giro: https://cyclingtips.com/2022/03/no-visa-issues-for-girmay-who-passes-on-flanders-with-an-eye-on-the-giro/?fbclid=IwAR35qcRQdQPukjM42quZr83r1bmQ_oHkBaiDBQSq4UWbWcxjXeZRcFoVCig

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Yip, saw that. And there's more...

More? More training? More conspiracy theory? More cookies?