The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Wout van Aert podiumed on 10 out fo 14 race days this year so far. Geez!

Those are the type of results you would want to see from a prospective TDF Green Jersey contender.....😈

(I'm not going to let this bone go until they unleash him to go chase it)

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

Those are the type of results you would want to see from a prospective TDF Green Jersey contender.....😈

May as well go for green as Rog is never going to get yellow 

4 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I hope you are wrong and Rog finds his best form very soon ....

We will all be the winners if Roglic and Pog can stay upright for the full 3 weeks and they settle it on the road. Fingers Crossed that we get it this year.

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

We will all be the winners if Roglic and Pog can stay upright for the full 3 weeks and they settle it on the road. Fingers Crossed that we get it this year.

En 'n groene vir Wout sal ook baie nice wees dankie :)

20 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Pretty sure both he as JV have said that it is a priority at this years tour?

3 hours ago, TheoG said:

I hope you are wrong and Rog finds his best form very soon ....

Unless the team goes all in on Rog I can't see him taking it. He finds himself isolated too often with team mates going for glory. UAE is coming with a single goal (and a very very strong team) and that is Pog in yellow.  

Edited by jcza

42 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

It will be interesting to see what happens if vingegaard starts to hit his peak around the TDF. I remember people saying Greg Lemond tended to get stronger as the tour progressed; some riders are just "well-designed" for multi week stage racing for whatever reason. From the few races I've seen of vingegaard, I get the feeling the same is true of him. He's a bit inconspicuous in that he's not the absolute best at anything, but I suspect the longer a tour wears on the more he starts to shine. I hope so anyway, since last year's tour I've become a fan.

Ah, I've just read that JV issued a statement earlier in the year that they (Roglic and Jonas) will be joint leaders. Form pending I guess.

8 minutes ago, NickGM said:

It will be interesting to see what happens if vingegaard starts to hit his peak around the TDF. I remember people saying Greg Lemond tended to get stronger as the tour progressed; some riders are just "well-designed" for multi week stage racing for whatever reason. From the few races I've seen of vingegaard, I get the feeling the same is true of him. He's a bit inconspicuous in that he's not the absolute best at anything, but I suspect the longer a tour wears on the more he starts to shine. I hope so anyway, since last year's tour I've become a fan.

Ah, I've just read that JV issued a statement earlier in the year that they (Roglic and Jonas) will be joint leaders. Form pending I guess.

I reckon Vingegaard is the real deal.

I also think Bora and Vlasov will bloody a few noses this year

The way Remco and Powless went passed the guys from the break, must have been somewhat demoralizing for the breakaway riders.

#lookingforparking