The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been happier to eat my own words. Ride of the day for me!

Pretty sure a lot of riders are relieved that he isn't lining up next Sunday.

Cracker for Team EF . Well deserved win and seems like a ready nice fella .

Can’t help but be a bit disappointed with the chase group tho . Biggest names in racing and they never really seemed to give it a shot to catch in the last 10 clips . I know it’s hellava tactical and If they drag Kristof through its game over . But got to give it a dash surely?

Ja nee.. the unwillingness to take each other to the line ne..

Can’t help but be a bit disappointed with the chase group tho . Biggest names in racing and they never really seemed to give it a shot to catch in the last 10 clips . I know it’s hellava tactical and If they drag Kristof through its game over . But got to give it a dash surely?

Really mature for a youngster. Thanked all his team mates (especially Sep and called him a great champion) and told people to watch out for the pink. Great interview from a young man that had just done something awesome. I probably would have just whooped like a clown for 30 mins.

Other than fatigue and, understandably, not cooperating with each other so close to the white chalk, Bettiol had a mild tailwind and clearly was the strongest on the day up the Oude Kwaremont and beyond.

Oops! I accidentally fell on the coach with a handful of chocolates, activating the remote control and ended up watching the final 30 kms of @RondeVlaanderen again...

Hey, we've all be there! hopefully as enjoyable 2nd time around with a belly full of choccie!

"The result makes me happy, I have a good shape, I have high morale after these races, I can count on a team that is racing well and I hope that these conditions will recur in a week in Paris-Roubaix."

The Viking

“I was able to be in the front when it was needed in the final kilometres but I didn't have the legs to counter the attack of Bettiol and challenge in the reduced sprint."

Sagz Baby ????

Edited by 'Dale

"I know him a bit. He was a great talent, but also a bit lazy. Last year he was too fat. Now he may have made that click and he will finally do everything for it,"

Avermaet, on Bettiol, his former teammate at BMC

“I don’t know how I did it. I felt really good on the Kwaremont and Andreas (Klier) from the car said: 'If you can, just go.' I closed my eyes and went. I looked down at the top and had a really good gap. They said 'keep pushing, keep pushing. On the Paterberg I don’t think I lost a lot and then it was the longest 14km of my life."

Bettiol, on his first professional victory ????

anyone seen any gif of MVDP’s hop to crash. Tough bugger to fight back from that. Looked like it was his collarbone at first.

Edit: Found it.

Edited by Yo-yo

anyone seen any gif of MVDP’s hop to crash. Tough bugger to fight back from that. Looked like it was his collarbone at first.

Yeah. What could have been but for one missing cobble that his front wheel got stuck in!

Yeah. What could have been but for one missing cobble that his front wheel got stuck in!

Yeah, and still pulls a 4th. Awesome ride by Bettiol, snuck under the radar a bit but should have had more spotlight looking back at his placings recently. Jonny V will be doing cartwheels and Dave B will be thinking it’s Groundhog Day.

There where no cobbles just pavement stones and none where missing. There is a dark spot but dont think its really a hole. looks like a metal cover to acces some pipework undrneath almost same height as the pavement stones.

His wheel was ****** and it just went for good.

Edited by The Crazy German

There where no cobbles just pavement stones and none where missing. There is a dark spot but dont think its really a hole. looks like a metal cover to acces some pipework undrneath almost same height as the pavement stones.

His wheel was ****** and it just went for good.

"I wanted to avoid a flower box just before my crash, but I jumped straight into it and immediately broke my front wheel," he explained. "My wheel then broke completely when it hit a pothole on the sidewalk and I crashed face front. That hurt a little."