The Classics

'Dale

got some youtube time to klap before race kicks off this sunday?!

1976 - A sunday in Hell

1988   - CBS coverage with Phil

1991 - motorola spring classics campaign

2009 - HTRWW

2010 -HTRWW

2012 - HTRWW

2013 - HTRWW

2014 - HTRWW

2015 - HTRWW

2016 - HTRWW

2014 - backstage pass

https://youtu.be/usUl0Jy9eY8

2016 - backstage pass

https://youtu.be/8zxnA4asj44

sure there's loads more.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is in form but has been hiding it bit?

Outside bet is Jonny D. He's looked good but had bad luck in a couple of races and knows how to win it but his team is nowhere at all.

Naesen would have been up there but his illness will have knocked off that extra bit of shine you need for Roubaix.

Sagan has been around even though losing 4kgs through early season illness and skills / positioning can trump alot on the cobbles.

Van Aert? MDVP? Going in as their first time in the hell of the north might be a bit of a stretch but remember when Stybar debuted and was looking the goods until the spectator incident in the last few kms.

Stybar is big fav for me. 2 x 2nd in '15 and '17. In '15 he won early with Strade and came in 2nd and this year he's won early again and looked strong all through the campaign so far (Flanders aside).

But the bookies have a different idea!

Screen-Shot-2019-04-09-at-12.33.57-pm.jpg

Langeveld might be good value given the odds and current form..also been up there before.O see on twitter vanpoppel is flying also.

It's no longer a WorldTour race

Was wondering where all the big guns where like Viviani, Groene' 

Apparently Kitten crashed somewhere near the end

Kitten's been really struggling

It's never been classed world tour, just won by world class riders. I used to live nearby Franck Van Den Broucke win was the most impressive.

I actually rode the finishing loop as they used to have a crowd pleasers race for local amateurs and third tier pro teams. The good old day when entry numbers where not limited to 200(they actually limit the pro's to about 150 now in this one. We hammerd down that finish line 270 strong. At times there was a 1 minute gap between leader and last in same bunch, sweet memories.

Why are people talking about MvdP likely to win?

Pretty sure he will win something.. but be damn impressive if he won PR on Sunday seeing that he isn't riding it [emoji1787]

Even if he is not riding on Sunday his chance to win the 2019 PR is just as good as any of the riders of the TeamDD.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Even if he is not riding on Sunday his chance to win the 2019 PR is just as good as any of the riders of the TeamDD.

Boasen Hagen looks to be in some good form, Hopefully they were just hiding it very well until now and Reinhardt will lead him to victory this weekend.

Ps. Actually think we might get some sort of result from the team for the first time in a while this weekend.

Boasen Hagen looks to be in some good form, Hopefully they were just hiding it very well until now and Reinhardt will lead him to victory this weekend.

Ps. Actually think we might get some sort of result from the team for the first time in a while this weekend.

If they do get a result I will eat my humble pie with a smile   :D

If they do get a result I will eat my humble pie with a smile :D

If they have any hope of a result they would need at least 3 riders left in the right group with 70km to go..preferably for longer too.. long range attack from one and then two to disrupt the chase and sit on. Edited by Gen

Pretty sure he will win something.. but be damn impressive if he won PR on Sunday seeing that he isn't riding it [emoji1787]

That's what I thought!

If they have any hope of a result they would need at least 3 riders left in the right group with 70km to go..preferably for longer too.. long range attack from one and then two to disrupt the chase and sit on.

Then it might be a bit far, Boasson Hagen and Reinhardt is in pretty good shape, but that is where they struggle , normally their rider is alone quite far from the end and then either hope the others catches the attackers or need to chase himself, which leads to be dropped, But maybe this weekend their fortunes will turn. If they get a Top 10 it would be nice.

My thoughts for Sunday in no particular order:

ŠTYBAR
VAN AVERMAET
TRENTIN 
DEGENKOLB 

keeping an eye on northern France weather...

Katusha manager chewing out Marcel Kittel. Jurgen Van den Broeck saying Kittel is boozing hard and living the party life.

Oh boy Marcel, what have you become.