The Classics

'Dale

PMPWY4xwrSm4HStLwpoT9o-970-80.jpg

Loved watching the womens opening weekend. AVV is a monster of note in the WC hoops and this year is shaping up to have some epic battles.

Wiebes took a great win but forgot the cardinal sin of not zipping up the jersey for the sponsors but considering her tussle with Parkhotel and her contract this year that might have been on purpose! 

Shame we didn't see more of Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig just for her awesomeness and post race interviews. 

Chantal van den Broek-Blaak now has the longest name in ladies cycling and shall now be known as CvdBB to go with AVV and the rest. 

Edited by T-Bob

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Sep can get that Monument win this year

Would love him to finally take a big one as it's what he lives for but I'll put that in the draw of reality next to the 'TeeJay being a GC rider' file. 

Hope Sep can get that Monument win this year

Hope he has a bit of good luck..

It's an extraordinary feat to win a World Tour race, which makes the Sagans, Valverdes and Alaphillipe very special racers.

I am not even referencing the Grand Tour podium winners.

A healthy dose of luck, oodles of trace craft, a foundation of teamwork, alongside tremendous physical and mental conditioning. Then there's the overhead conditions. And horses for courses.

Edited by 'Dale

Tactics in Cycling is a totally different kettle of fish.

When the Springboks play a match, they just need to analyse a single opponent in terms of tactics and you can build a game plan. The playing field is known and doesn't vary by any significant amount during the game.

Whereas cycling has so many teams and individuals in play with their own motives that it does make everyday so unique and exciting to watch. (Except for those pan-flat sprinters stages at the TDF... where you are only really interested in the last 10mins when the Sprint teams do their thing.)

Every victory is well deserved. (Not that a victory in another sport is not, except a non-showing by an opponent due to injury in a Tennis Match, we still need a solution for that...)

3e05f5301503f6f69d341ce91e47d630.jpg

And it is looking less likely that any cycling races will take place in Italy for then next month.. [emoji15]

ANSA (Italian press agency) just informed that Italian government is going to stop all the sporting events that requires crowd in less than 1m space for the next 30 days in all the country. Sporting events will be able to be held only behind closed doors in this period.

Edited by Gen

And it is looking less likely that any cycling races will take place in Italy for then next month.. [emoji15]

ANSA (Italian press agency) just informed that Italian government is going to stop all the sporting events that requires crowd in less than 1m space for the next 30 days in all the country. Sporting events will be able to be held only behind closed doors in this period.

:wacko: No Strade it seems...? We were so close!

https://road.cc/content/news/271681-breaking-strade-bianche-tirreno-adriatico-and-milan-san-remo-set-be-cancelled

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/ef-pro-cycling-asks-to-miss-strade-bianche-milan-san-remo-and-tirreno-adriatico-due-to-coronavirus-concerns/

Pfft, my microwave can maintain 1100watts for 5hr, no problem.

Please share the recipe where you need it to run for 5hr, "Well done" lasagne isn't that nice....

Just puts into perspective how weak our bodies are compared to machines.