• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris-Nice stage 1 had a fantastic day

Breakaway win

Cold wet roads

Great for the fan

Terrible for the PRO

Flanders and Volta Catalunya are cancelled also.

I had read that they canceled the Flanders Classic (cyclo) "fun" ride/amateur race...was not aware that they had canceled the pro race too. Edited by Gen

I had read that they canceled the Flanders Classic (cyclo) "fun" ride/amateur race...was not aware that they had canceled the pro race too.

Yes it out unfortunately 

Flanders and Volta Catalunya are cancelled also.

I suspected that they might call of Flanders. Sad that they had too but rider and team and spectator safety of greater importance.

Yes it out unfortunately

Not surprising considering the insane amount of people that are roadside.. suppose a real danger that Roubaix will be cancelled too..watch it will probably rain on Roubaix day.

Are you still under quarantine?

Not surprising considering the insane amount of people that are roadside.. suppose a real danger that Roubaix will be cancelled too..watch it will probably rain on Roubaix day.

Are you still under quarantine?

At the end of March I believe calls will be made for races in April but I don't think it looks good at all, my personal opinion only.

Im not under quarantine personally, however we kinda banned selfly from travel etc. Im also happy about that as I was meant to go to Tirreno and was worried then was rerouted to PN but cancelled basically on route to the airport. Was then rerouted to Catalunya and here we are.

Its worked out alittle well as my wife has been having some issues with residency thanks to SA Home affairs that needed alot of time and attention. 

We do have some riders and staff still in quarantine in UAE but I know some are being released as I type. 

Edited by J Wakefield

We do have some riders and staff still in quarantine in UAE but I know some are being released as I type.

Good to hear

At the end of March I believe calls will be made for races in April but I don't think it looks good at all, my personal opinion only.

Im not under quarantine personally, however we kinda banned selfly from travel etc. Im also happy about that as I was meant to go to Tirreno and was worried then was rerouted to PN but cancelled basically on route to the airport. Was then rerouted to Catalunya and here we are.

Its worked out alittle well as my wife has been having some issues with residency thanks to SA Home affairs that needed alot of time and attention.

The Cycling Podcast said your team was on a voluntary quarantine. Assume your team are controlling the lockdown and not the authorities?

Surely it is non nonsensical for some teams to be racing Paris Nice (in conditions which cause flue like symptoms in the best of times) whilst everything else around them is cancelled?

Has ASO got too much at stake financially and too much power in La Republique???