The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Sagan you beauty!!!! [emoji298]️

I won't lie hey I was in tears that whole last km.. So flippen happy that his form is returning.

I won't lie hey I was in tears that whole last km.. So flippen happy that his form is returning.

He will draw a lot of confidence from this performance.

One can train all you want

The heat of battle is the true measure

Go Sagan! ????

He will draw a lot of confidence from this performance.

One can train all you want

The heat of battle is the true measure

Go Sagan! [emoji573]

He had a good turn of speed there right at the very end.. Man I am so happy.. even a bit of a smile there at the end..

And the rest of the peloton gave a collective sigh.. I donno which wheel GVA is going to be following but he will have to do some multitasking.

Edited by Gen

"I can’t describe how I feel. It’s unbelievable.   We had a plan to go for it, to try to win. I felt really good all day and the finale went well. There was a lot of fast guys in the group after the Poggio, so I knew I had to try all or nothing. And I did. If it’d had gone to the line I could have finished fifth or tenth but I preferred to go all, so I took the biggest victory of my career. Eight times of ten you get nothing but there are two times you can win. It’s amazing the guys put me in the perfect position in the kept parts of the parcours. My legs were completely empty but if you win by a mile or a metre, it’s enough."

2021 MSR winner, Jasper Stuyven

Pic: Getty Images

UBxpbqrhzCkEubZztkeXmT.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

I kind feel like Ineos ride for the wrong rider today [emoji848]

Edit

Turns out Ganna has a bit of flu.. So that explains a lot.

Edited by Gen

"I can’t describe how I feel. It’s unbelievable. We had a plan to go for it, to try to win. I felt really good all day and the finale went well. There was a lot of fast guys in the group after the Poggio, so I knew I had to try all or nothing. And I did. If it’d had gone to the line I could have finished fifth or tenth but I preferred to go all, so I took the biggest victory of my career. Eight times of ten you get nothing but there are two times you can win. It’s amazing the guys put me in the perfect position in the kept parts of the parcours. My legs were completely empty but if you win by a mile or a metre, it’s enough."

2021 MSR winner, Jasper Stuyven

Pic: Getty Images

UBxpbqrhzCkEubZztkeXmT.jpg

So many good riders in that frame

I’ll go with the big guys marking each other, and an underdog sneaking the win.

I saw Stuyven was in PCS’s top 10 favourites. I looked at his name but never thought much of it. Pity Soren never had enough in him to get that real underdog win.

The sprinters’ dream win

MSR

Jasper will enjoy his beer

Not sure if you saw the comments by Sam Bennett, "Milan-San Remo is the sprinters' Monument but I can't see it".  ^_^ tough day for the Irishman 

Not sure if you saw the comments by Sam Bennett, "Milan-San Remo is the sprinters' Monument but I can't see it". ^_^ tough day for the Irishman

The bumps in the road in the last 30km makes it really difficult for the pure sprinters.

I thought Caleb Ewen was exceptional and the other favourites knew they couldn't take him to the line.

Ai Caleb... will you ever again get a chance like this in M-SR? 

Well done to Stuyven though ... fortune often favours the brave.

Very lively performance by Tom Pidcock .. did not look like someone who is currently spending a lot of energy on the testing of mountain bike set ups (an unmarked BMC). 

It is great to be a cycling fan these days. 

Edited by dsw