The Classics

'Dale

What a lekker finish to watch.

Very well deserved win by Stuyven.

And hey, Wout outsprinted MvdP, soos I'm happy there :)

Good to see Sagan in with a shout as well.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Tom ripping it down the Poggio and leading from the front - his time till come. Awesome performance given that he is all new to this and still only 21! Also had some knee issue since Strade.

I see he is down for all the MTB XCO Wordl Cups leading up the Olympics, which he plans to do (on MTB it seems)

Ek verstaan nie

Who was Ineos’ protected rider or what was their tactical thinking beyond Ganna leading the train up Poggio ????

Ek verstaan nie

Who was Ineos’ protected rider or what was their tactical thinking beyond Ganna leading the train up Poggio ????

Secretly, it was Caleb. ???? It was hilarious seeing the him sitting behind Ganna and van Barle. It would have been like drafting behind a bus. No wonder he had so much left in the tank

Man that was awesome. Styven looked dead and buried before Søren went across. Talk about clutching victory from the claws of defeat!

The classic season has been spectacular so far. Bring on Paris Roubaix!

Ek verstaan nie

Who was Ineos’ protected rider or what was their tactical thinking beyond Ganna leading the train up Poggio [emoji40]

Apparently Ganna (from his Insta account) came down with the flu before the race. That probably forced a few tactical changes and they kinda just decided to wing it.. the young one would've learnt a lot..

The classics are a different beast altogether hey.

Ek verstaan nie

Who was Ineos’ protected rider or what was their tactical thinking beyond Ganna leading the train up Poggio

I think they were playing two cards: Kwaito (based on past victory) and the lad from Yorkshire, it was also about giving him (Tom) experience in this race, he was up there at the end which is amazing. but that last bit after the Poggio is always tricky. All the favs wasted too much time trying to shake each other off their respective wheels there, and Jasper got away. If two or three had an alliance they could have gone together, would that happen though?

Ganna pulled like that because .... he can :o

Edited by kosmonooit

Man that was awesome. Styven looked dead and buried before Søren went across. Talk about clutching victory from the claws of defeat!

The classic season has been spectacular so far. Bring on Paris Roubaix!

If PR is going to happen what with another sort of lock down in the north of France. I am really looking forward to the 1st women's race.

If PR is going to happen what with another sort of lock down in the north of France. I am really looking forward to the 1st women's race.

It's quite a strict LD and will be for 4 weeks. But I think the race will go ahead with the usual NO spectators allowed.

And with no laps and finishing in the velodrome the route it is easier to police too..

We should be worried about RVV though that's very difficult to control so besides for the obvious reasons let's hope things in Belgium don't reach that point.

Edited by Gen

It's quite a strict LD and will be for 4 weeks. But I think the race will go ahead with the usual NO spectators allowed.

And with no laps and finishing in the velodrome the route it is easier to police too..

We should be worried about RVV though that's very difficult to control so besides for the obvious reasons let's hope things in Belgium don't reach that point.

The whole CX season  just about happened there in Belgium during the pandemic (sans spectators tho), they feel a bit different about their cycling there, so I am sure they will find a way, lets hope the same for PR