The Classics

'Dale

I feel it was a bit of a selfish win, nobody was willing to help Sagan at the front and the 2 basically sucked his wheel and pulled off right at the end like amateurs

Yes I know it's professional racing and it's part of clever tactics but Sagan must stop being such a nice guy.............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one if the reason we like Sagan..he is willing to lose but go for it instead of sitting up not to let someone else win.[emoji106]

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one if the reason we like Sagan..he is willing to lose but go for it instead of sitting up not to let someone else win.[emoji106]

Actually exactly the opposite. He should be MORE prepared to lose if he wants more wins. He must be prepared to let the bunch catch them and lose so that others in a break are forced to work. Yesterday he was probably screwed though because both qs and sky had good sprinters in the bunch, so sagan had the weakest strategic position of the three.

Sagan has improved but overall is actually tactically underdeveloped in my view.

I feel it was a bit of a selfish win, nobody was willing to help Sagan at the front and the 2 basically sucked his wheel and pulled off right at the end like amateurs

Yes I know it's professional racing and it's part of clever tactics but Sagan must stop being such a nice guy.............

I don't agree entirely, Kwaito committed to the break once they hit the flat leading to the finish, it was only QS that was instructed to sit on and try to sneak the win. Only in the final KM did he stop helping Sagan. Which is all fair.

We've all seen what a kick Sagan has, you can't give that guy any opportunities bc he will take it and win 

so impressed by the Bora domestiques who were still there to protect Sagan even past the Cipressa ????????

Edited by 'Dale

so impressed by the Bora domestiques who were still there to protect Sagan even past the Cipressa ????????

He is double world champion because he is THAT much stronger, not because he is tactically better.He wins green jerseys because he is a much better climber than the sprinters not because he is tactically better. Anyways lets agree to disagree Dale.

He is double world champion because he is THAT much stronger, not because he is tactically better.He wins green jerseys because he is a much better climber than the sprinters not because he is tactically better. Anyways lets agree to disagree Dale.

I see your point.

What I take in consideration when I rate Sagan's tactical ability:

He's heavily marked as race favourite status in most races.

He has the rainbow bands which add pressure and expectation.

He has limited, if any, support and seldom has teammates.

Despite this, he still wins races.

Strength alone won't do it for him. 

I see your point.

He's heavily marked as race favourite status in most races.

Tactically Sagan has improved a lot over the last couple of years.. and he will continue to do so, adapt an change depending on how things go.

Yesterday he only flaw was starting his sprint a little too soon.

I see your point.

He's heavily marked as THE race favourite status in most races.

Fixed it slightly.

@Ryinc:

Let's not forget that Sagan won his second rainbow jersey in a bunch sprint against some of the best there has been (Cav & Tommeke) and some fine talents (EBH and co). So it wasn't as though he had it easy second time round in getting it. And yesterday's podium will, in my mind at least, be the guys fighting for the wins in the greater majority of the Monuments. Kwia and Alaphilipe are damned good. So is Sagan.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

For From[/b] this link, a few things stand out:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/milan-san-remo-kwiatkowski-owes-me-a-few-beers-says-sagan/?utm_content=bufferae684&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sagan is one of the most feared riders in the peloton, and for good reason. Over 558 races, he's been on the podium 204 times, has, 92 wins and 78 second places. It's put him in the unenviable position of being the one rider nobody wants to work with, because the only way to beat him is to wear him down. He could have been angry with the lack of cooperation, but true to character he accepted defeat sportingly.

"I'm satisfied. The result is important but so is putting on a show for the fans. The strongest doesn't always win," Sagan said after the podium ceremony, clearly convinced he was the strongest despite not winning.

Edited by geraldm24

The strongest and most versatile racer in many years, other than Marianne Merckx.

His decisive break and attack up the final slopes of the Poggio made all the sprinter favourites cry themselves to sleep last night. That move will be forever in the memories of cycling fans.

Very humble in defeat.

What a champ!

Edited by 'Dale

The strongest and most versatile racer in many years, other than Marianne Merckx.

His decisive break and attack up the final slopes of the Poggio made all the sprinter favourites cry themselves to sleep last night. That move will be forever in the memories of cycling fans.

Very humble in defeat.

What a champ!

I enjoyed the..kwaitoski owes him a beer bit [emoji6]

This pic by Cor Vos will become one of the top 10 moments of 2017, I'm sure...

Three very talented racers

Two World Champs

291 kms of Italian roads

The first breakaway win in many years at MSR

CORVOS_00027733-025.jpg

Only noticed it now, Sagan's chain is busy coming off on the backpedal!

But both of them had sprinters in the peloton as the other option if they were caught, so they had the excuse not to pull with Peter, although Kwaito did take a turn it wasn't big

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk