The Classics

'Dale

Nibbles considering his form a win at LBL might not be out of Kwia's reach. I was just pointing out that he isn't doing RVV this year.

Yeah absolutely, was just confirming what you were saying Mntboy. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived at our guesthouse..first thing I did is make sure SS2 is available for Sunday..all is good in the world. Then I went and bought beer

Edit.. spelling..too much beer

Edited by Gen

Arrived at our guesthouse..first thing I did is make sure SS2 is available for Sunday..all is good in the world. Then I went and bought beer

Sounds like a plan ????????

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Race officials at Sunday's Tour of Flanders have warned they will adopt a zero tolerance approach to riders using sidewalks and bike paths to sidestep sections of cobblestones, threatening to disqualify anyone who breaks the rule – no matter his stature or palmares.

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Race officials at Sunday's Tour of Flanders have warned they will adopt a zero tolerance approach to riders using sidewalks and bike paths to sidestep sections of cobblestones, threatening to disqualify anyone who breaks the rule – no matter his stature or palmares.

Interesting.. wonder if they will stick to their guns if GVA goes sidewalk riding..

Talk about pressure they are even passing through his hometown [emoji33]

Have to support Boonen, for all the years of beautiful racing if nothing else, but I don't think he can do it. I'm hoping for Sagan and after that a Belgian.

Belgian cyclists totally rock. To me they embody all that I love about cycling.

Was wondering why I didn't see pics of Sagan on the Bora recon ride... he only arrived at team HQ today.. with his wife... nice he had a break from it all.

A fan had apparently been waiting at their hotel since 9am to see him.

Quite a special moment the fan is a paraplegic and made Sagan a big clock for the kitchen truck.

Edited by Gen

Nice work...would have done exactly the same thing!!

Interesting "attack" on QuickStep tactics by the hub as the Long haired wide boy bitches about Terpstra

Snip

So QS has been a bit schizophrenic this season ito tactics imho.

QS out foxed themselves on Sunday.

SNIP

I laughed Terpstra said they just need some luck.. flip man working with the champ will almost guarantee you a shot at the win.. what more do you want[emoji53]

SNIP
and just very negative racing from QS in my opinion.

SNIP

SNIP
So very odd tactics from them.

And then Gen answers her own and some other's questions as to what the quick steppers have been playing at.

Personally I don't think it will be Sagan, I think the pressure has gotten to him, I know shock horror..but he is human ..last Sunday was really the first time I have seen him without his sense of humour in the post race interview when he doesn't win, he is so frustrated with the peloton atm..

Snip

And 'Dale confirms the escalation of hostilities

The Steppers have been in a media war with him since he he called them out for 'playing a cheap game'
Interesting

SNIP

The oldest adage in bike racing is no one can help you win a race but lots can make you lose it.

Quick Step have clearly decided, with their superior Classics roster, that their 1st priority is to increase their own chance of beating Sagan to the win, not through a one on one but by having options in the break. We all know Sagan will win from a small bunch sprint. Well all except Kwait.

So QS tactics are very simple. Get in the break, if Sagan is there and we have 1 rider, sit up. See how much he wants to win.  Give our other guys the best chance of coming across. If they don't make it we have the freshest guy in the break.

How can anyone criticise a team for wanting to increase their chance of winning knowing how strong Sagan is in a bunch sprint?  Isn't racing about winning yourself and not dragging others to the win?

We saw Spartacus have to handle this sort of racing for a few years. Now it is Sagan who must prove he can adapt to a hostile, anti Sagan strategy.

Moaning about it to the press only reinforces that QS strategy is right. He is a double world champ. No one is going to give him a chance at the win if they can help it.

Interesting "attack" on QuickStep tactics by the hub as the Long haired wide boy bitches about Terpstra

And then Gen answers her own and some other's questions as to what the quick steppers have been playing at.

The oldest adage in bike racing is no one can help you win a race but lots can make you lose it.

Quick Step have clearly decided, with their superior Classics roster, that their 1st priority is to increase their own chance of beating Sagan to the win, not through a one on one but by having options in the break. We all know Sagan will win from a small bunch sprint. Well all except Kwait.

So QS tactics are very simple. Get in the break, if Sagan is there and we have 1 rider, sit up. See how much he wants to win. Give our other guys the best chance of coming across. If they don't make it we have the freshest guy in the break.

How can anyone criticise a team for wanting to increase their chance of winning knowing how strong Sagan is in a bunch sprint? Isn't racing about winning yourself and not dragging others to the win?

We saw Spartacus have to handle this sort of racing for a few years. Now it is Sagan who must prove he can adapt to a hostile, anti Sagan strategy.

Moaning about it to the press only reinforces that QS strategy is right. He is a double world champ. No one is going to give him a chance at the win if they can help it.

Umm I've clearly stated that Sagan needs to adapt and I've also clearly stated that Sagan isn't the only major player this season. GVA's form has been red hot since opening weekend. So when the Terpstra incident you're refering to occured it made no sense for him to completely sit up in the manner that he did. Both myself and GOG compared it to Durbridge's situation during the DDV and commended him for racing even when he could see he was going to be out played. He tried to win. Terpstra and QS did not imho. Yes Sagan is a damn strong rider and shouldn't be given easy wins but if your sole tactic as a team shouldn't be to mark one guy so badly that you allow another equally strong rider to win ahead of someone in your own super team, especially if that other strong rider happens to be the Olympic champion.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

So QS tactics are very simple. Get in the break, if Sagan is there and we have 1 rider, sit up. See how much he wants to win. Give our other guys the best chance of coming across. If they don't make it we have the freshest guy in the break.

How can anyone criticise a team for wanting to increase their chance of winning knowing how strong Sagan is in a bunch sprint? Isn't racing about winning yourself and not dragging others to the win?

Spot on

I'd love to see the women's races too.

I think they'll show the final hour

Last year it was like the final 2 kms or something ????