Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

Sold all my road bikes. Don't even ride my mtb on road; use side of road, grass pavements, ST etc but never HP. The carnage on our roads will not end as our government officials have no interest in enforcing any form of road law unless they can profit personally. This poor cyclist and his family are a victim of the absence of good governance.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP

So sad and angry and confused to have to see a thread like this again. Love cycling but really don't know if going out on the roads is worth it anymore, I also regularly cycle that section of HP on my way to the cradle

I registered on this forum just to say thank you for the thoughts, prayers and condolences from this cycling community.

The Cyclist is my brother, Bryne Forgey. He was tragically killed when an oncoming car lost control after swerving and crossed over the road killing him instantly.  He lived in Strubens Valley, so Hendrik Potgieter was one of the roads he frequented on his bike.  

He died while doing something he really loved.  

I will miss him terribly, we were very close.

He was 51 years of age

His wife and two teenage children are broken.

post-104565-0-41672100-1480224668_thumb.jpg

I registered on this forum just to say thank you for the thoughts, prayers and condolences from this cycling community.

The Cyclist is my brother, Bryne Forgey. He was tragically killed when an oncoming car lost control after swerving and crossed over the road killing him instantly.  He lived in Strubens Valley, so Hendrik Potgieter was one of the roads he frequented on his bike.  

He was 51 years of age

Thank you and deepest sympathy to all.

He was 51 years of age

Hi Anthony,

Condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Thanks for posting the info here Anthony, please accept our condolences in this difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cyclist is my brother, Bryne Forgey. He was tragically killed when an oncoming car lost control after swerving and crossed over the road killing him instantly. He lived in Strubens Valley, so Hendrik Potgieter was one of the roads he frequented on his bike.

He was 51 years of age

Deepest condolences Anthony. I'll be sending extra positive vibes to friends and family today.

RIP BRYNE FORGEY.

Condolences to family and friends... .. I have ridden on hp many many times... problem is the exessive speeds ... I am pretty sure a lot of cars hit the national speed limit on highways there... I think they should put a robot by the spur turnoff to slow cars down...

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

Archived