2017 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Wannabe

Slowbee and other Hubbers usually involved with this.

Are we going to be doing it again this year?

If we are, our "normal date" of 16 December? It is on a Friday this year.

EDIT= added logistic arrangements

When: Friday 16 Descember 2016

Where: 09h00 at Virgin Active Greenpoint

Charity: Nazareth House in Vredehoek.

Two choices: 1) Ride to Campsbay and hand Toys over at Vida Café

2) Ride to Nazareth House in Vredehoek, do handover and then continue on to Vida for a coffee and a chat.

Things to bring along if you can:

• Kitchen toys
  • Play cards
  • Word learning cards
  • opposite words cards
  • Puzzles (4-9 yrs)
  • Animal plastic toys
  • Alphabet puzzle 
  • Play dough
  • Plasticine
  • Alphabet letters to display on the wall.
  • Plastic beach toys
  • Children's Table mats
  • Magic ink drawing board
  • Balls
  • Bat and ball
  • Pick up stix
  • Small Kaleidoscope
  • Small watering can
  • Craft things/ velt/ drawing and painting materials
Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowbee and other Hubbers usually involved with this.

Are we going to be doing it again this year?

If we are, our "normal date" of 16 December? It is on a Friday this year.

I know the outriders are also doing one around then, will get deets, many hubbers there

Please post deets for the outriders run also, keen to do with the with Fiance. Missed last years one.

Don't want to speak on Slowbee's behalf but I think he is quite tied up this year and wont be able to organise. It might make sense for us to join the Outriders if they'll have us or get someone else to step up if we're hoping to do something this December.

There is also mention of doing a Toyrun in March just before the CTCT as then it gives many of the outside of CT hubbers an opportunity to join in the event as they will be down here?

OK guys, I've mulled over this a bit, and decided that we should try and stay "independant" .

I will go ahead and arrange this year's Toy Run, I will however need your support.

As has been Slowbee's and mine "tradition" over the last few years, I would like to continue to support smaller institutions, as the bigger, more established places has got a lot of support already.

Therefore I will cast my net for a deserving institution, and arrange with them.

We will stick to our usual arrangements, meet at VA Greenpoint, cycle out to Kampsbay VIDA, meet the institutions representatives there, and hand over the toys and other needed gifts.

After that we disperse, and everybody go on their own merry way.

If anybody has got any suggestions for a deserving place, please feel free to suggest them.

You guys won't believe how difficult it is to find a Childrens Home that needs assistance, as most kids are placed out to Holiday Foster Care before Christmas.

I have however found one, Nazareth House, situated in Vredehoek, that has got kids still in the Home on Christmas day. There is kids from age one month to 22 yrs old. Majority is under Ten (a total of 35)

Problem this Lady has is that they do not have transport available to them to actually go and collect the toys on the 16th

I think we should support them, and actually cycle to them on the 16th, hand over the toys to them and then carry on with our individual rides.

I would really like your support, as these kids are in dire need. They are in foster care, and has nowhere else to go.

Gifts to be for mostly under Ten year old, mix of Boys and Girls. Just write on gift the age of child intended for, and if Boy or Girl.

So come on Hubbers, let us open up our hearts and wallets to these deserving kids.

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOu9O0_NzQAhUsIcAKHWjDDbUQFggZMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nazhouse.org.za%2F&usg=AFQjCNGs8ugjYd1Udt4O8444tLyAgvIpOA&sig2=EzTyEVrVqSbVJYXsza7wtA

edit : added Home's name.

Edited by Wannabe

My injury issues are going to keep me off my bike till the end of January.

So I will do my best to be there for the day of the 16th. My thinking was to do a toy run the day before Argus. Just to Camps bay, then those that needed legs stretching could go on to Hout Bay.

This would be a great way to meet some up country people, and hopefully also have more tolerant road users.

Right then, lets do this thing.

What do you mean by the kids dont have transport ?

EDIT: topic pinned.

Public Holiday, driver is off for the day.

Alternatively if we could arrange for someone (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) to go and collect the Nun/ Sister at the Home and take her to Campsbay and back for handover, it would be great.

My injury issues are going to keep me off my bike till the end of January.

So I will do my best to be there for the day of the 16th. My thinking was to do a toy run the day before Argus. Just to Camps bay, then those that needed legs stretching could go on to Hout Bay.

This would be a great way to meet some up country people, and hopefully also have more tolerant road users.

I'm with you on this one.  :clap: