New GPS (IGS60 - IGPSort)

Mongoose!

post-7189-0-62780300-1481522745_thumb.pngThinking of getting one of these cheap GPS devices.

Some key functions (Just to mention a few) :

• Ant plus
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 20 hour battery life
  • 700 hours riding capacity
  • Screen size 2.2 inch ( unit 85mm x 54mm x 22mm ) 80gram
  • Powermeter  functions (Ant + / Bluetooth)
  • Compatible with Strava
  • Fits on a Garmin mount…

Price $100

• At a 5th of the price of a Garmin 520 or 820 – so it will be unreasonable to compare it  - although it has many similar functions…
  • Not sure if it has  “mapping / direction functions on the GPS – But as Roadie I never using these functions.
  • Strava live segments is an overkill for me…, as Stava Premium subscriptions are steep.

A while back I ordered a 7” navigation system (GPS) for my car (also from China) and still is super impressed. Maps are up to date and free access to update maps in future…) – was less than R1K landed in RSA

Anyone already using one?

Edited by Mongoose!

I suggest picking up a Sigma Rox10.0 from the classifieds somewhere.

It's got all the functions that something like a Garmin 520 etc has (No touch screen though) and I just love mine.

I know of at least two guys selling theirs as it's not compatible with Discovery Vitality or Momentum Multiply yet.

Likely R2k odd for an awesome GPS computer.

Iv paid school fees, just go with what has been around for a long time and is supported by all Medical aid and fitness aps 

cool

what product disappointed you and the past referring to your school fees paid? ... :wacko:

Bry.... and cat... when i first started cycling.

My Bryton lasted years and years... And only stopped when I lost it in a pile of rocks in the berg

Will second the Rox 10. On my second one as I managed to lose mine on the Argus MTB... Service from the agents (Omni could I think) has been superb!

Tom

Will second the Rox 10. On my second one as I managed to lose mine on the Argus MTB... Service from the agents (Omni could I think) has been superb!

Tom

Does it have Bluetooth?

No it doesn't. 

okay - then not really in the same league as the one (IGS60 - IGPSort) this topic was created for ^_^

I think the new Brytons (530 and 330) have pretty much all the features of this IGS60? Plus better battery life. And via the app that links to the meter, it is supposed to have Strava syncing, route planning.

Personally, I think the problem with the cheaper ones, including Bryton, is the software - the hardware is usually decent (my Bryton Rider 20 still works perfectly after four years) and for a very good price too.

But their websites are often iffy to downright crap, and for example Bryton's new app is still a work in progress, with some features from the old app (specifically notifications) not yet available.

And of course things like not being worthy of the almighty Vitality points :mellow: