Interview: Jeannie Dreyer on The Munga

Bike Hub Features

14 minutes behind with a puncture to sort out...cant get much closer than that!

She has to stop and out a tube in, then at the next stop replaced the whole tyre. She ended up pulling 15mins back on Heinrich. There just wasn't enough distance left to catch up.

In looking at all her kit on the bike, would be nice to see some pics of her kit all packed out.

What did she take that she found usefull ?

What did she take that she felt she could have left behind ?

Did she leave anything behind ?

But, most importantly ..... 4litres of water.... that seems to be the difference in this race, your hydration and nutrition management.

I will see what I can do when she gets back from holiday in the new year.

One insight I can tell you is that she didn't change kit once but when the kit finally did come off it took a layer of skin with it!!!

One insight I can tell you is that she didn't change kit once but when the kit finally did come off it took a layer of skin with it!!!

That is hectic...wonder how many other riders only used one kit!!

Even if you used one kit, surprised did not have a quick wash in it... at least in the shower with you

Edited by shaper

There's no time for luxuries like showers????. You either riding or sleeping or maybe eating but that you try to do on the bike.

• 3 weeks later...

There's no time for luxuries like showers????. You either riding or sleeping or maybe eating but that you try to do on the bike.

Maybe if you are trying to win ... otherwise a shower is great .. rinse your kit in the process and it dries in front of the fan within an hour while you are taking a nap. Take a light pair of sleep or running shorts to wear in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Edited by vroommm