Is my brain broken?

Knersboy

So I recently sent my rear brain and shock for a full service at specialized, as usual they simply do a hot swap, replacing the shock and brain with one already serviced off the shelf. Rode twice over the weekend and it was like riding a hard tail, shock compressed no more than 10mm through its travel, no matter where the brain setting was.

Took it back to the shop today, the mechanic deflated then reflated the shock and set the sag. When the shock was deflated it moved through it's entire travel. Rode it around the parking lot, over a few pavements etc and the shock is now moving a touch more (30mm) but is very bouncy even when rebound is set on slow. It just doesn't feel right but it is difficult to make a proper assessment in a parking lot.

I am used to feeling the brain engage, but I don't feel this at all anymore. The mechs explanation is that they have changed the brains and they no longer make the click feeling, apparently they have introduced some sort of needle valve which eliminates the click feeling, does anybody have more info on this, anyone else experienced this?

The deal I had with the mechanic was that I would go klap the trails tomorrow to make a proper assessment. Due to a bizarre turn of events I am now in a neck brace, so that will have to wait. Thought I would try and get more info in the interim.

Thanks

So I recently sent my rear brain and shock for a full service at specialized, as usual they simply do a hot swap, replacing the shock and brain with one already serviced off the shelf. Rode twice over the weekend and it was like riding a hard tail, shock compressed no more than 10mm through its travel, no matter where the brain setting was.

Took it back to the shop today, the mechanic deflated then reflated the shock and set the sag. When the shock was deflated it moved through it's entire travel. Rode it around the parking lot, over a few pavements etc and the shock is now moving a touch more (30mm) but is very bouncy even when rebound is set on slow. It just doesn't feel right but it is difficult to make a proper assessment in a parking lot.

I am used to feeling the brain engage, but I don't feel this at all anymore. The mechs explanation is that they have changed the brains and they no longer make the click feeling, apparently they have introduced some sort of needle valve which eliminates the click feeling, does anybody have more info on this, anyone else experienced this?

The deal I had with the mechanic was that I would go klap the trails tomorrow to make a proper assessment. Due to a bizarre turn of events I am now in a neck brace, so that will have to wait. Thought I would try and get more info in the interim.

Thanks

Well that escalated quickly...

Shame man, hope you get better soon.

Well that escalated quickly...

Shame man, hope you get better soon.

Thanks, nothing too serious but means at least a week off the bike, while on leave ????

SNIP

Thanks

What happened?

You're oraait?

Edited by 'Dale

What happened?

You're oraait?

I am fine thanks, just a bit sore.

Long term injury. Got tonsillitis last week, caused my neck to freeze up, over compensation then aggrevated old nerve, muscle injury. Then in my geniusness I went moering the trails as my bike had been in the shop for a month due to fork rebuild which took ages, and I was missing being on the bike so much that I just endured the pain.

More than one broken brain in this story.

I am fine thanks, just a bit sore.

Long term injury. Got tonsillitis last week, caused my neck to freeze up, over compensation then aggrevated old nerve, muscle injury. Then in my geniusness I went moering the trails as my bike had been in the shop for a month due to fork rebuild which took ages, and I was missing being on the bike so much that I just endured the pain.

More than one broken brain in this story.

Eish

Sterkte, Kners'