365 for 365

What segment is that? I wouldn't be too upset about only being 1 second behind Jarryd. He's a mate of mine and an elite rider. He is currently in Europe working/riding. He is also a hubber but doesn't frequent here much.

Just a randomly chosen one from the ride that day. He must’ve been doing structured training with a 50% segment. Not taking it too seriously [emoji23][emoji41]

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final bike ride for the year done (wet, windy and a KOM to show for my efforts). That leaves me with the usual Sunday morning run, tomorrow (+/- 16Km), and then whatever I get up to on Monday - possibly a hike/walk with the kids in the FS koppies.

Then, it's a two week recovery for me before a 21.1Km running race, and then build up for the Maluti D90 in April.

Respect, will attempt 2019, but '18 was by farm my worst cycling training year. Been building good momentum in December that will fopefully carry on during the year.

Done. Dusted.

What fun, bar four or five days I hated. That means 360-odd I loved, which is a good thing. 

Five punctures in the year (two in the CDC, on the gravel bike).

No crashes.

Many new roads explored, many old ones rediscovered. 

A considerable improvement in strength and power, without a hint of structured training the way we know it today (Maybe Eddy was right - we should just ride our bikes), with my best 20-minute power, each measured on Montagu Pass for the sake of science and with very similar average heart rates, going up from 276w in January, to 298w in July, to 332w last week, with my weight a constant 72.5-73kg. 

Most importantly, it is possible to ride loads and stay healthy. I had four bouts of ill health - two lurgis from the kids, two allergy-related - and all were squashed in a day or two. Normally, the little b£$%^s nail me once a month, and it lingers. Being fit, it appears, is good for you.

Now. Base miles are done... what next?

post-86413-0-01283800-1546246989_thumb.png

DONE!!!

Had a few rough ones, a night that I literally started my walk 23:40(I kid you not), and many more "interesting" sessions.....

It's a little surreal to think back over the year at the at the moment. Not sure about 2019 yet. Maybe 2020...

Please excuse the "3"...

post-86802-0-01104700-1546252029_thumb.png