2017 Tour De PPA funride and League

LeoKnight

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can go for you if you want? PM me.

Thanks for the offer, but will give the registration a go today at Tygervalley Sportsmans. Bossman says I can go.

For me doing training rides and races are completely different things, even if it is on the same road, so I am happy to pay to race. (Although admittedly doing variations of the same D'ville loop week after week is getting a bit tiresome)

But if your training rides are as hectic as races maybe I should rather join your training rides  :devil:

Any pace is nowadays race pace for me....  :blush:

On our training ride this morning, I set a few PR's up the inclines (can't call them climbs) and I still got dropped like a hot potato, so maybe you must have a look at your training buddies, get some faster ones....... :whistling:

Think there are a few guys that try that route, but from a safety perspective I would only consider it as part of a race

Agree. That's the only way i would consider it as well.

On our training ride this morning, I set a few PR's up the inclines (can't call them climbs) and I still got dropped like a hot potato, so maybe you must have a look at your training buddies, get some faster ones....... :whistling:

tbh I find it easier to keep up with B bunch than with my training partners  :ph34r: . So when I enter a race I basically pay for the opportunity not to get dropped on the first climb...

Race entry for sale at 1/2 price

PM ME

Struggling with my lungs

I've had to get a TUE and won't race because of moral grounds

shot for that 'Dale  :thumbup:

was hoping to get your steed with the entry tho  :ph34r:

Unfortunately we are a bit restricted to possible routes in our neck of the woods. All possible versions has been tried at some point or the other.

A nice little race that died a quiet death was the Medallion that started and finished at Techno Park in Stellenbosch.

edit = If the gravel section at the foot of Malanshoogte can be tarred, it will open up a few more options. 

Have not seen any suggestions for SSurbs as yet  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I cannot see the reason for the massive increase, surely costs are pretty much fixed, there are no numbers to be printed.

PPA being dumb here.

Luckily I booked 2 months ago [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e1e527966196ac52a24b3bb232f2ebb4.jpg

And because we now have a graphic artist on our social media team [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And because we now have a graphic artist on our social media team [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Are you guys riding the league, or riding in A?

Are you guys riding the league, or riding in A?

We have a few in A and a large bunch in J!

Was not worth the money to join the league for the 3 races was available to attend.

Was not worth the money to join the league for the 3 races was available to attend.

Don't you find the league has messed up these bigger races (e.g. One Tonner, Tour De PPA) where previously all the top guys would be in one bunch (either $ or A) but now everyone's scattered all over the place. If you're not in the league and you're riding in A, the field seems to be pretty weak

Don't you find the league has messed up these bigger races (e.g. One Tonner, Tour De PPA) where previously all the top guys would be in one bunch (either $ or A) but now everyone's scattered all over the place. If you're not in the league and you're riding in A, the field seems to be pretty weak

It is weaker, there are pro's and cons to this: we had a great race at the 99er between us and UCT etc in the teams racing side. But it's not as tough and won't be good preparation for the Argus.

At moment glad it's a little easier as life is a little crazy at the moment!

Those savages in J better watch out for the Mamil in K! 

Are the guys in J dropping down or actual J riders?

Mmm maybe I should drop one group to J. If you are many the chances of catching I is pretty good.

So I see I'm now eligible for H on the basis of the Journey for Sight -- which is great but it means I'm going to have to hoes another 50 bucks for reseeding.

This seeding lark is starting to feel like extortion. 

Archived